Chapter 11

Sorry is didn't upload yesterday I have had a really busy weekend :( Here is the next chapter Enjoy :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Rachel entered the training room Tray smiled before clapping his hands together, “I was looking forward to your element Rachel. Let's get started” he said pulling her into the centre of the room. “Right let's see, your element is Earth which means you are a caring and practical kind of girl” he said making Rachel smile,

“That does sound like me” she laughed,

“When you think of Earth you think of growth, all of nature grows over time if it has the right amount of love and care” he said, “Adam will you bring up the Earth training equipment like I showed you earlier” he called to Adam who happily pressed a button on the control desk that caused the floor of the training room to transform into a field of grass.

“Alright, now you have your element all around you so I want you to control it” Tray said stepping away from Rachel,

“What do you mean? How do I do that?” Rachel asked unsure.

“I can not tell you how to control your element, it is different for everyone.” Tray explained “If it helps Flora the old Earth warrior liked to touch and talk to the earth, she said that it was alive and so should be treated that way” he added and Rachel took a deep breath concentrating on her element.

Slowly Rachel bent down to be closer to the ground, placing her hands on the floor so the grass weaved in between her fingers, she closed her eyes and smiled when she could feel her element. “You know what the prettiest flowers are?” Rachel quietly whispered to her element, “Daises, little white daises” she said remembering how she would pick the small flowers and make necklaces out of them when she was a child.

“Well done Rachel,” Tray praised causing her to open her eyes to see that the floor was filled with little white daises growing in the grass. “Now lets try to make the grass grow” he said “Control it and make it come to you so you are the only one standing on the grass” he challenged and Rachel stood up holding her hands out with her palms facing the floor, everything that she did felt natural to her like she had been using the element for years. Tray smiled again when he saw that the grass was being pulled into a small circle where Rachel stood, it grew taller until it started to wrap around her hands.

“Very good” he said, “Now this is the hard part” Tray began “release your element so that the grass goes away” he explained.

Rachel tried to release her element but she felt like it was clinging to her like a small child, “I can't it doesn’t want to go” she cried getting worried, the grass around her continued to grow wrapping itself around her arms, “Tray I can't do it!” Rachel cried trying to free her hands as the grass reached her shoulders.

“You have to relax, your element is like your child, it can sense your fear, you have to give it confidence to go off on it's own” Tray said repeating how Flora had described her element to him all those years ago.

Taking in a deep breath Rachel let all her fear wash from her, instructing her element to leave her, creating a wall to block it out. The grass began to shrink until it was completely gone from the training room. “You did it” Tray said happily, “The more you practice the more control you will have over the element” he added but Rachel looked sad.

“I don't want to practice, what if I can't control it?” she said fearfully,

“You have to be strong and brave enough to believe that you can control the Earth, It is a powerful element that takes a lot to control. You must not be afraid of it Rachel, It doesn’t what to hurt you.” Tray promised placing his hand on her shoulder.