Chapter 19

so here is another chapter :) three chapters in three days !!!! wow i'm a nice person lol hope you enjoy please vote and comment <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kelly stood in front of the door to her old house nervously. Taking a deep breath before ringing the door bell. Waiting for her parents to answer she fumbled with a loose thread on her jacket making it longer in the process. The door was finally opened by Mr Jones, he wore his business suit as usual and looked down at Kelly sternly. “Well you had better come in” he sighed moving to the side so she could enter. Mrs Jones sat at the kitchen table looking professional as Kelly took a seat opposite her.

They all sat in silence for twenty minuets just staring at each other,

“So … have you finished with your childish tantrum?” her mother finally spoke, “When are you coming home?” she added,

“This isn't my home any more, I live with Tray now” Kelly explained , “I didn't come here to apologize, I have come to get answers” Kelly said finding her voice,

“This is ridiculous!” Mrs Jones cried her husband placing a hand on her shoulder to soothe her.

“Well then let's hear it. What do you want to know?” Mr Jones asked waiting for Kelly to begin.

“Well firstly I want to know why you decided to adopt me?” she questioned nervously,

“What a foolish question, we adopted you because we wanted a child” Mrs Jones cried,

“Then why did you always act like I was a disappointment and a burden” Kelly snapped,

“Because you are a disappointment” Mrs Jones shouted slamming her hand on the table causing Kelly to jump, “This is foolish, you are coming home and that is final,” Mrs Jones added,

“No I’m not!” Kelly argued,

“Your mother is right Kelly, we have played along with your little games, but it is time to come home now” Mr Jones explained,

“No! This isn't my home and you're no longer my parents!” Kelly screamed standing up, her chair scratching on the floor as it was pushed violently back. “I thought that I could come here and have a grown up conversation with you both. I still want you in my life, but not if your going to continue to treat me like I'm a useless child, I have lived all my life with you pushing and pushing me. From now on just leave me alone! I don't want your approval or your praise! I will never be good enough” Kelly cried before storming out to the house with Mr and Mrs Jones calling after her.

Kelly ran as fast as she could towards the warrior house, tears streaming down her face. She felt so stupid to think that they would understand. They didn't care what she wanted, they didn't even listen to what she had to say! Kelly ran and ran getting all her frustration out, she ran across the road without even glancing up to see if it was safe, she ran past a group of girls from her Spanish class not listening to their concerned voices as they called after her. She ran into the forest passing tree after tree, her hair flowing wildly behind her and mud splattering up her legs. Finally her anger and frustration were replaced with sadness as she slammed against a large tree trunk clinging to it as she cried. Kelly sobbed and sobbed until her throat dried up. Wiping away her tears she released herself from the tree that she had clung to so dearly. She started to walk slowly toward the warrior house straightening her hair and clothes as she went, she didn't want to turn up at the house looking like she did. She was going to walk in with her head held high. She was going to be strong in front of her friends.