Prologue

I DO NOT OWN BATMAN AND THE DC UNIVERSE. BUT I OWN THIS STORY AND THE OC CHARACTERS (SUCH AS SCARLET)

You don't need to read it. But helps a lot. Also it's very long sorry!

MIGHT EDIT THIS CHAPTER LATER!

Scarlet age : 6
Jason: 10
Dick : 13

Gotham was known to have the worst weather during the month of February. The streets sprinkled with rain as the wind caused chills up your neck that made you pull your coat tightly to gain warmth. The darkness grew quickly in the early evening signalling to all the criminals that business was about to start. In some flats, that obviously needed redoing due to falling materials and disturbing moss growing, stood Mr Miller who smoked a cigarette out of the window. He sighed knowing the night ahead of him and turned to the innocence of his daughter.

"But dadddd" Scarlet tugged her dad's trousers "You promised no meetings today! We were going to watch 'Kiki's Delivery Service' " They had moved to the office space where Mr Miller began to sort out some papers. The room was probably the biggest in their quiet small home and Scarlet begged for it to be her own room. However, though it was barely used, her dad insisted it should be used for meetings.  He chuckled as his daughter began saying how she wanted a movie night. Slightly glancing, Mr Miller put out some folders "Well, if tonight goes to plan, we can have one. And we can buy you that jacket you always wanted" Scarlet jumped up asking if he really meant it. When he nodded she hugged him so tightly that it took the breath out of him.

"Now" he picked her up "Guests are coming over soon and that means bedtime" Scarlet rested her head against her dad's shoulder. She hated being locked in that room. The sense of her being alone was too much and Scarlet already completed all the activities a six-year-old could do in their room. Though she was always told it was for her safety; whether it was her dad going to the shops to having guests over.

"Remember the rules?"

"Don't open the door unless it's Daddy"

He kissed Scarlet's forehead and turning the lights off, Alan Miller was ready to do some business.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alan Miller loved his family. But he made so many mistakes trying to keep them safe.

He looked around the group of men that made small talk about their project. All smoking their thoughts as the scars from their pasts were highlighted on their face. A guy piped up saying "So when are we getting our package, Miller? They should be on the east side by now" Alan waved his hand "If you want your drugs busted within the hour, I will send them right over".

"We had a deal!"

"And I'm sticking to it! But the cops are catching people somehow. Johnny's squad got caught last week while mid delivery. Now if we just make sure-"

The lights suddenly turned off causing the meeting room to be filled with frustration. Alan began to get up his cheeks turning red of the thought his electricity has been cut off. I swear I paid the bills he thought reaching for the door. "I will just get this sorted, don't worry" he said before getting a force of pain to his face. He cried out in pain stepping backwards as others began standing. Men called out in confusion before they felt swift pain as well.

The flat turned to chaos as they all spilt into the kitchen and living space. The darkness was hitting and throwing them everywhere. Alan breathed heavily as he felt the blood dripping from his face. He crawled low to try and reach his daughter's room. If he got her and ran he could get out of this absurd madness.