Chapter 3: Fair

WILL PROBS EDIT!

I just haven't updated in a while

Shorter chapter ;)

Scarlet had the best weekend.

Though she barely studied to get ahead, her time spend with her brothers was so nostalgic. It was almost as if they were back playing games and having petty arguments with each other. She enjoyed laughing while playing Playstation against Dick,as well as, heading to the gym to work out with Jason. Though always eating a tray of Alfred's home made cookies after.

One of the days, the siblings all decided to spend a couple of hours at the fair. They saw posters from lunch and thought to check out the scenery of it. Damian wasn't in the mood, however, his siblings dragged him along anyways. The stubborn child crossed his arms while entering the place. Sighing and groaning over the stalls of treats and various miniature rides. Though it wasn't the next big theme park, a good amount of Gotham was there to keep it alive. Dick had gotten everyone candyfloss and they passed it amongst each other.

Jason picked at some. Pressing the fluffy treat against his fingers  "I can't even remember the last time I had this stuff" Scarlet nodded agreeing. They wandered around looking at the various things on sale when Scarlet bumped into her friend Charlie. She was listening to some music looking at some art pieces.  Scarlet gave her a surprise hug. And before they knew it they whole group was talking with each other. Charlie crossed her arms "Wow you guys have grown" It was a while most people saw Jason and Dick.

Charlie had known the family for a couple years now. Only getting close with them during Scarlet's High School years. Dick began asking how her music was getting on "Oh yeah, great actually! Though the lessons kinda still suck" She rolled her eyes towards Scarlet "I don't get how you like that piano teacher" .

"He's annoying but I feel he just really passionate about it all" Scarlet shrugged and ate more of her food. Tim the pulled her arm as he saw a spinny ride he wanted to go on. He begged for her and Charlie to follow as well as dragging Damian with him. Dick just chuckled as he was stuck with Jason "Glad they are all having fun"

"Yeah, but just thinking of the mission just ruins it" Jason chewed his food. Dick put an arm around him "Hey, just today, let's not think about work or missions or anything"  His brother rolled his eyes saying how knowing he will be under the same roof as Bruce won't help him with that "He's not sooooo bad"  Jason raised an eyebrow as a response.

As much as Dick was his brother, and secretly very much cared for him, he hated his praise and how he glorified Bruce. He also secretly wouldn't forgive how Dick just forgot about him and how he just followed Bruce's lead. Bruce in his eyes caused trauma amongst everyone in the family, including Scarlet, and yet defended himself by saying it was helping them all for the future.

"Well you're golden child and all that" Jason said in response. Dick slightly smiled "Hey, it will be ok. I promise-"

"Dick I know" Jason gritted "To be honest I'm mostly just staying for Scarlet's sake. As long as I'm not by myself with Bruce I'm good"

"Jason...You can't just keep avoiding him. What happens if you need him-"

"Oh oh" Jason's voice grew "I do not need him. And after this, I'm making sure to stay away from him"

"Jason that's ridiculous" Dick spoke. He then just added "Let's just leave this till later. Try and enjoy this a little" He saw the game where you judge who's stronger. Seeing Jason's grumpy face, and too hopefully cheer up the mood, he nudged "Bet I can beat you on that"

Jason smirked looking. He shook his head "You're on Grayson"

-------

After Tim dragged Scarlet onto four different rides she began to feel that maybe the candy floss may appear again. "Oh come on! One more!" Scarlet shook her head as she sat on the bench. Her eyes not being able to balance well with the people talking to her. Damian then said "Well I wouldn't mind one more. How about you?" Charlie nodded and patted Scarlet on the shoulder "We will catch you after the ride Scar' " Scarlet raised a thumbs up indicating she was all good before they left for another ride of chaos. Usually she would be up for more excitement, however, their lunch from before left her a bit ill.

She began waiting on the bench and felt better moments after they left. Getting bored she began walking through some tents and looked on what she could get for Alfred or Bruce. Nothing peak interest until she noticed a sign reading:

Fortune Teller Awaits! Learn You're Future Before its Too Late!

Seeing she had nothing to do,
she stepped into tent filled with shawdows as the music and sound outside dissappeared. There was a small table where a glass ball stood with myst gathering inside. The tent was convered with different patterns of blue and pruples stretching from various sides. It must've taken ages to delicately sort it out.

Scarlet looked around and nearly left as she expected someone to be waiting for her. Though she jumped hearing a voice calling towards her "I'm hear, little girl" A middle aged woman appeared in the opposite seat. All covered in various fabric and jewls as she watched Scarlet.

Scarlet squinted her eyes in annoyance of being called a 'little girl' but stayed to see what would happen.

She stepped into the seat before the woman asked what she wanted to know. Scarlet blurred "Em..eh..I don't know? I just saw the sign and thought to give it a go" The lady nodded and began to take some cards out. Scarlet recognised these sort of cards before understanding each had their own symbolism and meaning. She was instructed to pick a card out from the pack.

The Wayne bit her lip and she slowly picked a card. She turned it around onto the table. It showed two people dancing with one another as the sun sets. There is a jester mask flaoting about in the image and bats can be seen behind. Scarelt carefully looked at the lady's response. She waved her hands on the crystal ball and placed them their as she hummed something "Touch the glass,dear" Scarlet did the same.

"Ah yes" The lady muttered "You are a sweet girl, from a family of wealth and treasures"

"Couldn't see that coming" Scarlet rolled her eyes. The lady opened her eyes giving her a look to be silent. She then closed them over and began speaking "Something new will enter your life and the days you have portrayed since birth will change in the winds that follow"

Scarlet raised an eyebrow and saw the crystal slowly going red. Her breath hitched as the lady continued "You will be very alone again my child in the near future"

"What?" Scarlet asked "What do you mean? Excuse me?" Her mind escaped to a couple years ago. The days were she was always alone...

The lady then gasped looking straight at Scarlet.

"You will learn a secret that can kill your loving heart. Oh my child"

Scarlet felt her face fall

"You're in such terrible danger"

Scarler stood up letting go of the ball. Gasping by the chilling lines from the lady she slowly started to move backwards. Before the lady could say anymore, hoping to say it was all fake, Scarlet ran out the tent. Passing the stalls and tents her eyes were widened by the womans words. These things were usually fun for her though her brothers were always there to comfort her. Gasping for air she was thankful she bumped into Jason just in time. He grabbed her shoulder before she blanked out "Hey, you good? We were looking for ya"

Scarlet nodded and slightly looked back at the tent. Jason looked as well and noticed the sign he chuckled "Those things are fake, ya know?" Scarlet grabbed onto his hand nodding a bit. His comfort calmed her enough to be able to speak. Dick then soon joined them and figured out the situation as well.

"It was just so chilling" they walked back towards the car. Scarlet explained what the lady said. Not all the details but the last one the most. Though Dick and Jason gave worrying looks, considering the mission was on their mines, but the assured her nothing bad would ever happen.

"If they did I would beat them up"  Jason flexed his muscles. He then stopped as Damian sprung and pinched them causing Scarlet to snort in laughter.

"WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?!"

"Anyways" Dick began as they got ready in the car "We need to get back. Busy day tomorrow"

"What is it?" Tim asked as he sorted his seatbelt.

"Gala night tomorrow"

"Ughhhhhhh" the wayne kids groaned together.

-----

Next Chapter Ik will defos be called

'The Galla' so stick around for that haha