Chapter 13: The Attic Club

Gotham News

"And our latest story" the reporter read from her notes "Debates have sparked over the morals  on how the Justice League involves teenagers and children within their groups. It all started when last night Scarlet Wayne, daughter of millionaire Bruce Wayne, replied to their account after the Gotham Academy incident"

Scarlet's comment was plastered acrosss the screen as they continued.

"Many believe she was offended by the Leagues choice of words, as she was at the Joker event in person, while others are believe she has no trust in the League at all. No one has commented on her reply. Apart from star and Young Jusicte, and former teen titan, member, Beast boy. Who said"

''We can't just go to school or walk around without stares!?! If you got a problem with us text me'

" We will keep you all posted on this story and will have a debate later on to determine who is in the right. However, if the most wealthy can't trust the League, should we?"

The TV was switched off as Scarlet sat arms crossed on the couch. The silence grew as Bruce and her brothers were scattered around the room infront of her. She sighed as she muttered "Hey look, I'm sorry I didn't think-"
"You better be" Bruce said as he began pacing back and forth "I cannot believe you! How did you think that was okay? Now everyone is looking towards you and us and it's a nightmare Scarlet!" Scarlet avoided eye contact for a moment. The feeling of guilt did appear, however, she didn't feel what she had written was wrong. It was something she always pushed for people to look at and talk about. How did the League cope with the younger teammates mental health?

"Now the city of going to be divided, Scarlet. And we don't need more of this. Especially with the Joker" Bruce kept on talking as he through his hands around. As he calmed down he turned to her, as well as her brothers who were surprisingly quiet and they said.

"You need to apologise"

"Let me think about that... No" Scarlet leaned back as she was met with her brothers talking over her. Dick managed to get them to quiet down "Scarlet, I don't want people coming up to me while Im shopping. Apologise"

"Im sorry but I'm sure the big hero's won't care what I think" Scarlet raised an eyebrow. She sighed again "Hey look, I'm sorry to you all. I know this will probably cause problems for us. But I was just really upset, okay? I didn't mean for this to blow up"

"I understand" Bruce replied. However he was still thinking of ways to revolve the situation. "But you need to be careful they might come and get you " he joked.

Scarlet laughed "Ha, can't wait for Batman and Robin to knock on my door"

"But surely you don't dislike the whole of the hero's" Tim mentioned "Like don't you think Beast boy is a bit offended?"Scarlet thought more about this.

She would never put Beast Boy in the 'best friends' category. However, yes, they did have a friendship of greeting each other at gatherings and replying to comments on one another's posts. It was actually a big deal at one time as it was a random friendship no one saw forming. (I will go more in detail about this in the lore book) "It's just my opinion. It's not like I'm close with the guy anyways" Scarlet mumbled.

The boys looked at each other awkwardly realising she wasn't going to change her opinion on the matter. If only they could mention their point of view. However, they all decided that the conversation had ended and they went their own ways for lunch.