Chapter 12: Overwhelmed

Bad chapter but at least it's around 2000 words!!!

And yes I know I take so long to update

"Oh my goodness"
News outlets and police began heading their way. "Is that Scarlet Wayne?"

As everyone began targeting the poor girl, Jake had to create a field around her and began shunning them to leave her alone. When they finally took the hint that there morals weren't being fair to Scarlet, they went far back again. Jake turned to Scarlet, who had now began sobbing into her hands, and hesitantly put an arm over her to comfort. The boy did so as he awkwardly tried to find someone else to support her. Not that he didn't care, but she barely knew him and didn't know if he was the right person to comfort her.

Scarlet had began panicking as she looked around not seeing anyone she knew. Her heart just kept on pounding and as she looked around at the police, news agents and hero's. Though Scarlet hadn't grasped onto it yet, all the hero's were secretly looking at her.

"Should we try and comfort her?" Kid Flash asked as everyone else thought through it. One thing about hiding your identity was not showing your emotions. It would be pretty weird if Batman had all of a sudden start comforting this one girl instead of the rest of the students. Leading people to very quickly realise the connection to Bruce Wayne.

Nightwing and the Red Hood, as well as Batman who was speaking to Gordon at the moment, felt the silent guilt of just watching there sister be comforted by none of her family. Nightwing studied the girl feeling the urge to just go over and hug her "Kid Flash" he called over "Tell the other Wayne siblings that their sister is at the steps" Kid Flash nodded and rushed away. Starfire had gone over to Nightwing "Hey, we've got everything covered. How about you and Red Hood go back to base" she subtly hinted that they had the chance to go and change. Nightwing looked around and nodded that I seemed alright. He signalled Red Hood as he began saying their next steps.

————

"Scarlet!"

She looked up hearing the familiar voice. Tim, who looked exhausted at this stage, went up towards Scarlet on the steps. She grabbed a hold of him tightly as she cried into his chest. He slowly put his hand through her hair giving a calming talk. Everyone was out safe and there was no harm done.

She hid her face more into his chest. The embarrassment of people seeing her cry, the overwhelming environment, but especially just seeing him and Damian as he slowly came closer.

"I think father is on his-"

Scarlet grabbed onto Damian as he was mid sentence. Though his face looked towards Tim, as he was still getting use to human reaction, slowly hugging Scarlet back. "Eh.. it's okay... we're not dead" Damian glared at Tim who just flicked his head after his comment. Scarlet had slowly stopped crying looking up and began asking questions on how everyone was.

The two boys explained that everyone was outside and nothing had happened. Apparently now, Batman and the police were going into the office area as they suspect Joker might be in there. As they spoke, the Dark Knight himself and Gordon began walking up the steps. Though Scarlet had her own opinions of Batman now a days, her mind was stunned by his presence. She hadn't seen him close up in years and as he turned his head slowly to glare more. By the time him and the police were inside Scarlet felt another hug.

"Glad you're okay" Charlie drew back. She began saying how everyone had calmed down considering nothing had happened. Tim also mentioned that the Joker has only done stunts instead of actual crime. "Well someone better find my car" Charlie rolled her eyes "I can't believe they moved it all to get their stupid vans in the way"