Chapter 2: The Long Mission

Might edit!

Bats echoed as the family began getting ready for their meeting. They planned on talking during the day so they had more time to work later on. Hopefully, Scarlet would be occupied for that time or Alfred would need to distract her more. Bruce finished typing things into the computer and placed old folders on the table. Each family member found a comfortable spot realising they take forever to complete a task. Bruce looked up as he heard Jason speak towards the family.

"So guys, what is so important that it brings a family reunion?"

Jason went towards the table looking at the old folders. Tim was near him drinking his coffee "Is this to do with your cases with Gordan?" Tim spoke "Yeah, which you should be helping with" Jason put his hand up "I keep to my own tasks. I don't have time for your plans"

"Well make time" Bruce caught their attention as he showed a map on the screen. It displayed a map of Gotham with various dots hidden around. Dick crossed his arms "Is this all the places we've been checking out?" Bruce said yes and glanced towards Jason, who desperately needed to catch up on the family missions, explaining what the dots meant.

"These yellow dots represent 6 chemical warehouses or labs that have had a security breach. Some we got to and others we just missed" Bruce switched the slide showing a substance on the screen "The departments that had been broken into always had the blue poppy substance in there"

"Or another close relative" Tim added quickly "It's hard to find pure blue poppies. The ones we find are actually not pure ones, they are one more organism away from-"

"Tim if you don't want this apple thrown to your head, then shut it" Damian glared as he took a bite. Tim apologised as Bruce was about to continue. However, when Jason looked at the files he piped up "You looked out Scarecrows file? He uses that substance. We're really doing this for that guy?"

"Let me finish," Bruce said. Jason put his hands up as he waited for the rest of the information "Remember when I said almost. In all these break-ins, including the ones we didn't get,  nothing was stolen from them" Pictures of destroyed labs were shown or ones that looked brand new. But they all held a connection that nothing had been stolen. Dick scratched his neck "I still don't get it. I know I have barely done this case with you all but why just break in with the risk of being caught?"

"It's a warning," Tim said "You know these guys. When something big is happening they just wanna mess with us" He continued talking by explaining how some are just so crazy they just want to cause chaos. Jason crossed his arms "Is that it, guys? We don't even know it's for us"

Bruce sighed as he clicked a remote towards the screen "By the way, the other coloured dots represent other break-ins( zoos, prisons, testing centres)with all the same outcome.  Each location had a certain colour of smoke as we arrived" Each light began to appear on screen at various points of the city. When the image zoomed out it started to create a picture. A picture of a bat.

Bruce raised an eyebrow towards Jason who looked "Ohhh..Ok, I get it now. But it still doesn't involve me"

"When will you grow up" Damian put a hand to his face "They used colours connecting with our uniforms. Also, people ain't dumb, those guys out there know you have a connection to batman"
Jason crossed his arms sighing "Okay, okay, whatever. I don't know what we need to do now though" Bruce smirked revealing the plan that they all need to be on patrol more. As the image was complete, phase two would soon commence. Bruce then began saying how various big events will be happening in Gotham, one of which is the gala they are attending, that Gordan has asked to look out for as well. Tim began looking through all the folders "Do you got any idea, who it could be yet?"

"From what I see, it's not a pattern we have seen before. Is this a new guy?" Dick joined Tim theorising on who it could be "It's just so random....You don't think?" Tim shook his head "No can't be him. We haven't seen him in ages"

"But he's not locked up. It could be possible"

"You can say his name. guys" Jason rolled his eyes "I ain't that damaged"

"Well..." Tim got a glare from Jason which made him change his sentence "Anyways, the last time we saw him-"

"The Joker"

"Yes Jason, the Joker, was three years ago. I know he probably isn't dead, but all the guys on the streets and in prisons said he hasn't reached out to them in so long. So it might not be him"

"He could've waited and planned this whole thing though" Dick chimed in "I don't know. Let's just do our tasks and not worry about who's done it" He patted Tim's shoulder as Bruce assigned who was working with who. Damian and Jason were paired which began arguments.

"You will slow me down"

"How about you blame your short legs"

"Jason I'm gonna-"

After the various discussions of the night plans, Dick and Jason figured out they would be in Gotham for a long while. Jason bit his lip at the thought. Though his harsh return to Bruce was years ago, their relationship still was tense and the thought of working together for this long made him rethink getting a crowbar. Before the crowbar brought back any dark memories, he looked at the security camera "Scarlet is almost done. I will check on her....As I am her favourite brother"

Dick laughed "I think you mean me" He then began to boast about how he was one of the reasons she was a part of the family. Jason crossed his arms smirking "Not the part her dad was in jail and you broke into her home?" Tim then spoke up saying how he and Scarlet were basically twins and they spent the most time together. There wasn't a day they didn't speak "But I spend the most quality time" Jason retorted "She's the only one I tolerate out of you all" Damian stood next to them "Therefore I am the favourite as she would appreciate it"

"That's so stupid, Damian" Tim put a hand to his head.

Then all the Robins began to argue about who was the better sibling. Past memories and remarks were brought up as Bruce watched his seat.

"You forgot about her!"

"You broke her piano!"

"I let her put things in my hair!"

"You died for like four years!"

Bruce smirked before glancing at her camera. Scarlet was looking for everyone and he mentioned they would need to see her soon. They all snapped towards the door before they all shouted.

"Scarlet!"

Thank for reading! 💕