Chapter 6: The New Student at Gotham Academy

This chapter is a little better. BTW there are spelling mistakes but I am too tired to look at them!

Scarlet chewed her gum as her registration teacher talked about all the announcements the princieable had in mind. The class heads were forward as their eyes glared at the bell to hopefully ring out. Instead of thinking of the test next class, or wondering what to do after school, or even how to skip third period where Mr Burns would irritate her out of her mind. Scarlet thought of that night at the gala. How the message caused such anxeity that everyone left without a trace. She was lucky that she wasn't effected badly by the incident but kept on thinking of what could be next?

Since then the news reporters have been saying their theories of this particular matter. How if another message may appear and where it could be? If this was all a stunt for more people to go to the museum? Is something big going to happen?..... Majority of the city have been effected by the Joker. So it was reasonable that they were getting stressed over the matter. Families had been broken, people had scars that reminded them every day of that horrid laugh, money had been wasted rebuilding everything again and again. Though Scarlet had many privileges now in her life, her adoptive dad being a millionaire and all, her mind always traced back to her childhood. How she is very grateful and lucky to have the lifestyle she has now. While walking down the halls to her class, her mind went out to all the families being scared over the Joker. Many couldn't even afford rent let alone escape the city from this crazy man. Some didn't have good security to stop robbers entering their homes. Maybe if she asked Bruce to help form a group or ask to help build a safe bunker or something for them all?

She sat next to Charlie who was rested her head on her hand "What's getting you down?" Scarlet took her books out while shaking her head " I don't know. Just all this Joker stuff is making feel kinda.... sick? Just knowing so many people are scared and there is nothing we can do" Charlie then comforted her saying the Joker hasn't been sited in years. Just someone wanted attention and making everyone scared. Why would the Joker return to Gotham? He had the power to take advantage of the White House if he wanted. Though it seems they weren't the only ones talking about the recent incident. Tray, a boy who was always good at bringing up topics in class, began discussing how the Joker was probably wanting revenge on batman.

"That's so dumb. Like don't they have better things to do?"

"They are crazy people! What do you expect?"

"What ever happens it won't effect us"

"What happens if another message appears?"

Soon the teacher quietened the class down before more theories were created. They all began writing the first question down when some people came into class late. Most were Scarlet's classmates, most likely messing around in the halls to realise they were going to be late, until she spotted the last boy. He was slightly smaller than the rest of them, though she didn't know how accurate she was while sitting down, while his built was quite muscular. Nothing too extreme but defnentiy could tell he did sport for a year or two. His skin was pale as his hair was dark brown with a curl. The uniform was smartly present but was ruffled a bit by running or wanting to fit into the crowd a little. Charlie and Scarlet made eye contact with each other before secretly extanging notes.

Have you seen him before? - C

No. Year below? -S

Nah. He looks like a senior. Bet he is new!! -C

Should we talk? - S

Probs found his crowd I think - C

They both looked up to him chatting away to some boys near him.