Chapter 5: Rooftop Meet Up

"Ahhh"

"Not them again!"

"Why do they keep showing up!?"

The family had been patroling every single night since the Gala incident and still, nothing was found. They interrogated every gang member or robber who had been doing crime that night or ended up looking suspicious. However, though they saved the city from some crime, there was no information to be gained. Somewhere in the dark city, where crime was at an all-time high and the streets begged to be saved, had the answers. They just weren't looking hard enough.
Batman called all the boys to meet at the tower he was on. Though there were arguments with Damian, he put each of the older boys with the younger ones so they had a guardian with them. Dick fighting alongside Tim and Jason being stuck with Damian. Though the young boy would deny it, Batman knew Damian would appreciate fighting with Jason due to his skill and in Damian's words "Not a goody two shoes like Dick".

Each one of the boys landed on the rooftop. Rain would soon pick up and it concluded that they have searched and fought the city enough for that night. Batman signaled the batmobile to their location as they discussed their night. The Red Hood put his hands up "I know you will all roll your eyes. But I'm going to say this is all a waste of time. We haven't anything at all. I say we just wait till something happens" Nightwing then continued the conversation by stating that the longer they wait the more the other team is planning. It may be tough but someone in the city must know something. "These guys are masterminds. They can keep their secrets hidden. I say we save our time and recourses for when something comes up" Robin piped up crossing his arms "I get we need to find an answer but, realistically, we probably won't find anything right now. The boys then sprung to their own opinions of the matter until Batman gained their attention.

"No" He started "Someone is starting something big and wants us to lose attention or interest. The moment we do they will spring into action" Batman turned to the city and glared at all the sparkling lights below. Even though rubbish poured from the bins, the fighting was constant, the police always targeted the wrong people and life was all together tough there. He knew people were just trying to live. Start a family. Even work on themselves. Batman could never give up on protecting them. Despite what others may say.

"Okay guessing you won't listen and you're the boss" Red Hood mumbled "What are your theories? It's obvious after the gala who's behind it" Batman slowly turned as he thought of all these theories. He guessed from the start that Joker would be behind this. Unless it was someone new, who else would think of such a pointless crime scene? The joker never has wanted anything. No money. No jewels. No wealth. Just power in his hands and to watch everything burn in front of him. That's why he never took anything from all those break-ins. He is looking for attention. A player in his new game. "Batman?" Red Robin called as Batman came out of his thoughts.

"I understand everyone's frustrations but we need to keep looking" He ignored the eye-roll from Robin before continuing "The Joker is leading something big. I have checked all the chemical plants and museums and any big events coming up. There are no new machines, products, or even chemicals coming in we haven't seen before. So it's well concluded that he is not after anything" After a pause, Nightwing said "Do you think then he's creating like...a crazy plan? Just to mess Gotham?" Batman said in a calm tone "I don't know. But the more leads we will get will help and any evidence. We don't know what he is after but we know it's mostly for power"

"We could try patrol during the day too?" Red Robin piped up but realised all his brothers were glaring to stop that idea "Hey! Obviously not full out. But if Joker does plan something big, he knows we mostly work at night. Maybe we haven't found anything yet is because it's all been happening during the day" Everyone looked at one another during this theory and nodded. It was a good lead to follow. Even if it's their only lead. They would be on many high alerts during the daytime. Nightwing and the Red Hood would investigate the suspicious areas of time as the younger boys sourced any secrets from their school. It may sound ridiculous but many of the students' families were rich and some had bad pasts with their wealth. Batman would then take lead in Wayne tower and see if there have been any sneaky business deals or if any partners have any new products out. Though Tim brought up an interesting point "Guys, please don't go all crazy. But what happens if this isn't the joker?"