Chapter 8: Just Tell Her.

sorry if I reference Jason a lot. I just find him really interesting to write about. More Scarlet chapters coming too! ALSO GONNA EDIT THIS LATER

Scarlet was eating away at her takeaway while her and her brothers were sitting watching a movie. All of them exhausted from the busy schedules in their lifes. Jason had placed himself on the arm chair with his fingers resting on his forehead. His intense expressions kept Dick's fears spinning. Jason would feel the betrayal if Dick blabbed his worries to Bruce. However, what brother would he be if he didn't help out? Scarlet was then the one to interrupt everyones thoughts "Can we put something else on? This is boring"

"It took us twenty min to decide this" Tim groaned beside her. If they wanted something else they would be up all night. Not like they haven't before. Scarlet rolled her eyes reaching for the remote and starting to change the movie. Jason snapped a little "Come on can we just watch something". "It's not like you were watching anything" Scarlet spoke back while flicking through stuff. Damian then began saying how they should just give up an this whole movie idea. Though if it was studio Ghibli related his heart would stay for that.

"Just choose something already"

"Jason, stop being grumpy" Scarlet turned to him "Do you have any suggestions?"

"Just pick!" Jason got more frustrated. Scarlet continued clicking the remote to try and choose something. Turning to Damian she said "By the way Bruce is going to be so mad at you" Damian looked confused forgetting his and Tim's excuse for being late was him getting told off. Tim had to remind him by saying "Yeah, remember when I had to get you" Damian then nodded and said a sarcastic remark to Scarlet who huffed "It's just getting ridiculous Damian. You're not five. Also you two being late caused me to speak to new kid" Tim then asked her thoughts "He's alright. Dad here on business" She clicked through again. There was then silence in the room as she was choosing something on Netflix.

Jason's knee started to bounce as the silence grew. He needed noise. He needed something to put him off today and not think. Just something, anything, in the background. His eyes glared at the remote quickly hoping Scarlet would choose something. She stopped on a movie but then said "Wait no I just saw this-"

"For crying out loud" Jason stood up snatching the remote and putting the movie on. Scarlet started complaining asking for the remote back "Scarlet, we've been here for an hour we are watching it".

"But I already-"

"I don't care!"

Dick and Tim looked at each other before looking at Jason. Before they could say anything he marched out the room. Scarlet looked back "What's his problem?" "Forget it. Probably had a fight with Bruce" Tim comforted her "Let's just put our show on" .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarlet woke up in  a sweat. Her pants slowed down as she recognised her bedroom and slowly got up. Checking her phone she realised it was still very late at night and should probably try to go to sleep again. Though how could she over her stress? Biting her lip she texted Tim to see what's up.

Want me to come down? - T   He asked after she explained she woke up suddenly. With her quick reply, stating she would like that, Tim walked down a couple of hallways until he slowly got inside her room. He sat on her bed as her arms wrapped around her knees. "What's up?" he asked. Scarlet sighed "Just this whole Joker thing. I know I shouldn't worry but I am for some reason. I'm never usually worried about him anyways mostly Harvey or even Riddler. But for some reason it feels different? I don't know if it's because of this fortune teller or -"