Chapter 7: The Wing and The Hood

Dick held his binoculars close as he scanned the buildings in front of him. Him and Jason were tasked to look at any suspicious behaviour while it was day time. They tracked down a drug smuggle, which they would take care of anyways, but we're looking for minor clues about if it was connected to the Joker. Jason was looking closely as well but wished night could fall quickly. Despite what Bruce said, Jason wanted to complete some of this mission himself and not wait around for something to happen. Or even go to do his own missions. Why be stuck in Batman's problems? Him and Dick weren't in their uniforms, however, brought alone masks in their pockets incase they needed to go and investigate.

While Dick continued his scans, Jason began replying to Scarlet on his phone.

School is awful pls save me :((( - S

I would but big Brucey wouldn't be too happy - J

Can you at least order food for when I get home ... - S

It's on me xx - J

OMG thank you jayyyy!!! :)))) - S

Jason smiled to himself as he finished the message.

It sucked though. It sucked how he barely saw her and she has no idea what her family is up too. That they aren't ignoring her because they don't want to speak or they are missing important events because they are selfish. The truths of all the experiences Scarlet has been through could be resolved if Jason could speak out. But what if he did? It would be pointless now. It would cause her so much trauma she wouldn't want to speak to anyone again. Should would also blame them, which they would agree with, with her recent traumas. Knowing her she would move in with someone else. And even if she wanted to join with the Batman, it was far too late. Jason was also secretly evyious over the life she led too. Sure, it wasn't rainbows and sunshine for her. However, living the normal life rather than knowing you have control over who lives of dies does seem better.

"You alright?" Dick turned towards his brother. Jason nodded before saying how they should just stop the smuggle at that moment. "I agree. But also," Dick pulled out a little screen. It showed an image he took from his binoculars "There is nothing related to the Joker. However look at the boxes the drugs are stored in" Jason stared a little. Apart from the cracks and rough texture of the wood, you could detect a small symbol of an umbrella at the corner of the box. He looked up "That's the penguins supply boxes"

"Exactly" Dick pointed out "Though it could mean something else, it shows that the penguin and others might be working with the Joker as well" This could confirm our theory. Especially knowing they have used some of Scarecrows experiments too"  This would not be the first time various villains around Gotham partnered up against Batman. It could explain the various spots being attacked as well. If they could see what is inside the boxes as well it could bring them a lot closer to the Joker. There was then talk about if the drugs were filled with something else.....

"Who think it could be Jokers laughing drugs shit?" Jason shook his head. He slowly started putting his mask on. Though he knew it would be a nightmare as the mid day sun was starting to plaster them in sweat. After Dick got himself ready he smirked saying "Guess we should find out" They both looked at each other smirking before looking over to see the various jumps and buildings they needed to cross. Though no one could ideenitify them, they needed to ensure the penguins men wouldn't see anyone near by. "Well, guess I'll see ya there" Dick sped off with a laugh as he jumped off the building. As Jason smirked following it reminded him of how they use to train together. As well as their contests.

The various jumpes were just like brisk walks for the boys as the flipped towards each platform. The air cooling them down as their legs ran quickly. Jason laughed to himself when Dick nearly stood on a cat and remarking to him how the 'Hood' was still in the lead. "You can never beat the orginal" Dick jumped towards a pole and spun around once. He then through himself off where he spun in the air a couple of days. As Jason ran to the end of the roof, Dick appeared landing just Infront of him. Breathing heavy they looked at each other.