7

LACEY

I am most definitely, undeniably, thinking about dropping out. We have been back at school for two weeks now and nothing at all has been better. In all honesty I think things have gotten worse. My temper got the best of me when we were at the bar with Christine and Braden and I haven't been out since. Alcohol does nothing but make shit worse between me and everyone else. Julie always tells me that I am just in my head but I don't think so anymore.

Luckily, I have had no more run ins with Christine or Braden since the bar. I chew on the back of pen as I try to understand what is happening in this lecture. I don't even need this class for my major, it's a gen ed. Who even made gen ed's a thing. So stupid and a waste of my money.

I sigh rather loudly making the girl in front of me turn around. I sink further into my seat, self conscious. I wish I had the girls in some of my classes so I wouldn't feel so damn alone all the time. When I am with them they help with that but recently Rae has been busy with cheerleading, Carter is running around like a chicken with their head cutoff, Tori has a busy schedule, and Julie is always in the library. For it only being week two all the girls have so much to do while I am left at the apartment with the cat and dog. Who still don't exactly love each other.

I resist the urge to sigh again as I lean against the uncomfortable chairs of the lecture hall. I am sure these chairs were  comfortable fourth years ago but my ass is currently numb. I push my glasses further up my nose and check the time on my Apple Watch.

Five minutes.

I have five minutes until I can leave. Crap, I have that stupid sorority thing until 9:30 tonight. We have to vote on a new board and I am not excited for it. I question every day why I joined a sorority even though I know why. I have to call her tonight, maybe I'll call her right before so it won't be a long call. I feel my Apple Watch buzz against my wrist and I flip it over.

My eyes bug out of my head. Am I tripping out? I'm definitely sleep deprived or maybe I ate one of Tori's brownies. There's no way he just texted me. I never deleted the white heart that sat next to his name. I just deleted the conversation.

Bray: We need to talk.

What the hell does that mean?

And talk about what exactly?

There's nothing we have to talk about. So what I called Lacey Jr. a bitch, Carter called the Mia chick last year a bitch, slapped a guy, and has almost gotten into multiple fights. She never once has gotten that text. Most of that was because of my own doing but I never meant to do it on purpose.

"What the fuck?" the words fall out of my lips. People turn in their chairs to look at me making me snap my mouth shut and sit up straighter. Oops. I ignore the looks as best as I can and stare at my now dark Apple Watch.

It's because I called his stupid girlfriend a bitch. That has to be what it's about. Has to be. Why else would he be texting me? Not to get back together that's for damn sure. I can't help the flutter in my chest at the thought. I wish I didn't still want to be with him, I want it to disappear.

It just isn't that easy.

The professor ends class and I still haven't responded to the text message. I slam my laptop shut and shove it into my backpack. I beeline out of the classroom and towards my car. This class was further away than usual so I drove. My car is old but I love her. She's a Honda Accord and I got it in high school. My mom almost made me get a new one but she has too many memories to it. Good memories. No college bullshit such as the bullshit waiting on my phone. I grab my keeps from my backpack pocket and head towards the car.