24

LACEY

My blonde hair flutters in the wind as we drive to Braden's house. He's dropping the car off and then we are heading to the bars. Low music rolls through the speakers of his Audi. The date was everything it possibly could be and more. I never thought that anyone was capable of doing what Braden did but he absolutely exceeded all expectations. After our make out session and him watching me devour strawberries, we talked some more. It was absolutely heartbreaking hearing about his brother and what he and his mom have been going through.

I wish he would have told me but I understand why he didn't want to. It also felt nice telling him about my mom even though he already knew, it is sometimes hard telling the other girls. They all have such caring moms and I feel bad bitching about mine. I am excited about going to the bars tonight and finally being able to just freely be with Braden. Every time we went out last year I had to watch out for Michael or even earlier this year with Christine. Now, he is truly all mine, at least I think he is. I hope he is but if I have learned anything I need to trust him. I didn't trust him and that led me to being manipulated by a douchebag who transferred to our rival school.

I glance over at the boy who has pinned a smile on my face since I stepped into his car. His sharp jawline and dark features are gorgeous. His nice curly hair all the way down to his toes, he is gorgeous. Braden pulls into his driveway behind Jeremy's car. He cuts the ignition leaving us in silence.

"Do you need to change or anything?" he turns to me. I shake my head and offer him a smile. He smiles back at me leaning across the middle console. His pink lips meet mine in a quick. "I'll be a sec, you can come in or wait out here, I just have to throw my keys on the hook."

"I can wait on the porch," I say nodding my head at their falling, definitely rotting, porch. Braden nods his head as we both get out of the car. I head over to the porch wrapping my arms around my waist. It is starting to get colder now that it is the beginning of November. This year feels like it is going way too fast. Braden glances at me with raised eyebrows.

"Want a sweatshirt?" he asks, grabbing onto my elbow. He guides me up the porch steps and into the house instead of leaving me on the porch. I stop standing in the doorway catching the screen door with my foot as he opens the main door.

"No it's fine we are going to the bar."

"And? You're cold," he says, guiding us into the warm house. Alcohol envelops my nose probably from the pregame they had here and from the looks of the half empty Titos handle on the counter, I say they had a good time. I direct my attention back to Braden who is looking down at me with concern.

"No I'm good," I respond shaking my head. Even though we have to walk to the bar, I can't wear a sweatshirt to the bar. Carter and Tori may be confident enough to go in slippers and their pajamas but I just can't do that. Not yet at least, I hope I can get there someday because boy does a sweatshirt sound nice.

Braden makes a 'hmm' noise before hanging his keys up. I shut the door behind me and head more into the living room as Braden makes his way to the stairs. I can't help but stare at his ass. It is truly unfair that he has such a nice butt and that I am not blessed with a butt like his.

"I am going to grab something up the stairs really quick. Can you grab me and you a drink for the road?" he asks looking behind him. I look away from his butt with hot cheeks and see he is shooting me a shit eating grin. "Checking me out?"

"Shut up," I laugh. I shake my head, my blonde hair moving with me. He laughs too before I hear his retreating steps up the stairs. I head to the alcohol fridge next to the actual fridge in the kitchen and grab him a Bud Light. I glance at the White Claws and grab one of those for myself. I head back into the living room and check my phone. The girls sent a text in our group chat about which bar they are at. I shoot back a response telling them Braden and I are on the way.