45

LACEY

I am so proud of myself.

I don't even care that I had a raging hangover this morning. I did it. I stood up for myself and that's all that matters. As much as I wanted to just let Braden back in, I didn't. I won't let him back in that easily.

And if he doesn't fight for us then we'll he's shit out of luck.

I really hope I keep this kind of mindset for later. Especially right now. I have missed going out with the girls and even the boys but especially the girls. I have missed them. A lot. While I was keeping the boys at an arm's length, I was also keeping the girls away. We haven't fully discussed my actions and I know they don't want to push me.

Well, now they are pushing me. But not in that way.

"Come on! Just one bar, Lace!" Tori urges me. Carter and Rae nod their heads excitedly while Julie laughs from beside them. They have just started to get ready for the bars and I have decided I should stay in. This season of Blacklist is just getting good and I am exhausted from last night. Q was my lord and savior last night. He made sure I didn't cave and go talk to Braden. He did a damn good job at it by making me take Mind Eraser shots.

They sure did erase anything going on in my brain.

"It's okay guys really," I say, shrugging my shoulders. Carter groans, throwing her head back.

"I can stay in with you," Julie offers. I glare at her and shake my head.

"No, you guys go," I insist. I don't want them to stop going out just because I don't want to. I never want to do that to my roommates.

"Please, we can go to that chill bar, what's it called?" Carter says sitting beside me on the couch. Her hair is already straightened and ready to go out.

"Oh! Jimmy's! With live music and pitchers!" Rae says, nodding her head. Carter smiles at me with excitement. Tori looks like she might start running around in circles.

"I fucking love that bar," Tori says eager. "Screw McKinnley's I am going there."

I frown looking at all of my best friends. They are supposed to be going out to have a wild night without the guys. They have an away game this weekend and since our bodyguards aren't here, they said they wanted to go wild.

I am not really feeling like getting wild tonight. I am feeling like I need to not get drunk so I don't text Braden.

"We can wear sweatshirts and leggings. We don't even have to wear makeup!" Carter says. She honestly looks relieved. Rae and Tori nod their heads in agreement. I am not even going to lie and say that she hasn't piqued my interest either.

"Oh thank God," Julie says leaning back into the loveseat. I laugh at her while all of them look at me expectantly. I release a sigh but smile. A girls night will do me good and so will a large drink.

"Alright I'm in," I say nodding my head at them. The girls cheer in triumph. I turn off the television and everyone heads to their rooms. Carter plays music through her speaker and we are getting ready for the night. I flick through my sweatshirts in my closet and settle on a plain gray one. I grab a pair of black leggings and white Air Forces. I sit in front of the mirror and check out my hair. The curls are still intact from last night, I just need to touch them up a bit.

Julie walks in and holds up two sweatshirts. One from a surf shop and one from UNC, "Which one?"

I turn around and point to the powder blue surf shop one, "Definitely that one."

Julie smiles and turns around back out of my room. I touch up my hair and put on some light makeup. The other girls are running around the apartment trying to get ready for the night. I smile to myself.