23

BRADEN

This is not my room.

I feel a kick against my foot and a groan falls past my lips.

"Carter, leave him alone."

"No, he woke me up. Now it's my turn."

I get kicked again but this time I don't move. They are both so fucking annoying. My head is pounding, my mouth is dry, and my back hurts.

"He's not getting up."

No shit Asher. Thank you for the monologue.

"He's such a little bitch. You have practice, Bobo!"

My eyes snap open, shit. Carter and Asher are standing above me, Carter with her hands on her hips and Asher with his arms crossed against his chest. Asher is ready to go for practice while Carter holds a Gatorade, Advil bottle, and something in tinfoil.

"Oh look! He's alive!" Carter exclaims faking excitement looking back at Asher. He rolls his eyes at her but smiles at her, nonetheless. I glance around the room and finally sit up.

Definitely not my room. Or a bed.

The world blurs a little as I bring my hands up to my temples. Ouch. I should not have drank those fruity drinks the girls gave me. I groan again trying to process the events of my birthday party. More specifically why I am on Asher's floor.

"Why am I in your room?" I ask finally looking up at the couple. They look like two parents standing above me ready to scold. A smile breaks out across my face at the thought, imagine if they had a baby. Kid will love its life.

"You tried to join us," Asher says amused. My eyes nearly bug out of my head. No fucking way I did not try to join them. What the hell did I drink last night to do that?

"And I heard you suggested a threesome," Carter chimes in no longer looking annoyed. If it was even possible my eyes widen once again. Never drinking again.

"With fucking who?" I say as Sixer trots through the open door. Carter let's out a large laugh shaking her head. She can't look at me and Asher is trying not to laugh. "Please at least let one of the fucking people be Lacey."

If one of them isn't I am fucked and definitely not going on that date tonight.

Shit, the date.

I toss the blanket off of my body and pop up. Way too fast for my bodies liking because the world spins. Why did I drink so much? I focus my eyes on the ground shaking my head.

"Yes one of them was Lacey and here. Gatorade, Advil, and a bagel," Carter says shoving the contents into my hands. I open my mouth to say my gratitude but stop, "And Sanders."

Jaw dropped, Asher and Carter keel over into a fit of laugher. Cool, I'm such a fucking idiot. Why can't I be one of those drunks who shuts the fuck up? Huh? Well, those drunks don't exist so I guess that doesn't help me.

"God, you are never living that down," Asher laughs shaking his head at me. I shoot him a glare and narrow my eyes at him.

"Moving along," Carter says wiping fake tears from her eyes. I roll my eyes at her dramatics and she shoots me a smile, "I am heading to your date spot and setting it up, just like you requested. The picnic basket is getting put together by Julie and you two are going to practice."

"I could kiss you right now, Carter Miller," I say as she shoots me her usual smile. Asher sends a punch straight to my arm making me jump. "Fucking ouch."

"Alright and break!" Carter says clapping her hands together. I laugh but balance the hangover cure in one arm and wrap an arm around Carter. She laughs but accepts the hug, "What the hell is this for?"