8

LACEY

I'm blocked.

On everything.

Instagram, Snapchat, Text Messages, Twitter, you name the social media, I am blocked. That's how people nowadays fix their problems. They block them out.

Why did I notice this because I was going to respond to our group text in Snapchat and I couldn't see his snap score or anything else. I'm pissed on this phone call with my therapist. What else would I expect honestly, I told him to never text me again. It's been a week since I sent that text message and I'm ready to go out. Get blacked out to be specific. I'm not going out with Carter, Tori, and the boys. Julie and I are going to Delta Chi who is throwing with Delta Gamma our sorority. Rae can't go out tonight because she has to cheer at the football game tomorrow.

Music is flowing through the apartment. We are hosting a huge pregame for the boys and some of my Delta Gamma sisters. We are all still getting ready and it's chaos. As it usually is. Tori and Carter are doing their makeup on their side, Julie is picking out an outfit, and I just putting my finishing touches on my own makeup. I haven't told any of them about Braden blocking me. It's not that I don't want to tell them but I'm afraid of how they'll react.

Tori slides into mine and Julie's bathroom shooting me a smile. Things have been kind of weird in our apartment. I never confronted Carter about how I didn't mean to come at her but Asher should butt the fuck out of my shit. Respectfully. Delta Chi's theme tonight is fratelina wine mixer. So I choose a short burgundy skirt with a small slit on my left thigh and a matching cropped tank top with one string smaller than the other paired with sparkly silver heels.

"Are excited for your Catalina Wine Mixer but frat edition?" Tori asks as she grabs a tube of lipstick from Julie's drawer. I let out a laugh and change the song on my phone.

"A whole free box of wine? Sign me up," I tell Tori glancing at her tight pink and gold mini skirt paired with a silky blue bra like top with white strappy heels. She laughs as Julie runs into the bathroom in a short strapless black dress that falls above mid thigh.

"Holy moly Julie!" Tori says pointing the tube of lipgloss she took from Julie's drawer.

"You don't think it's too short and slutty?" Julie asks tugging down the ends of the dress. Tori and I both shake our heads no as she sighs.

"This is a fratelina wine mixer not an actual one. We fit the part," I say looping my arm through Julie's. She smilies at me but I can tell it doesn't meet her eyes. I also know the only reason why she is coming with me to this frat tonight is because she feels bad.

"Okay, I am ready to start drinking," Julie says taking a deep inhale. I clap my hands together as Tori ducks her head out into the hallway.

"Carter, did you get the speaker to work?" she yells down the hallway. I vaguely hear Carters muffled sarcasm as I turn off my phone music and we walk out of my bathroom.

"Fuck this," Carter curses tipping the speaker. I head towards the kitchen to grab myself a High Noon. The door opens as soon as I open the fridge. I grab the first High Noon I can find and stand back up. I glance at the living room and sigh in relief when I only see Asher and Robbie. Rae has come out of the hole in her room in pajama shorts and a basketball sweatshirt. I also notice the tee shirt that Carter has tucked into her jeans with a pair of Nike Blazers and the chain Asher bought her.

"Are you wearing a tee shirt out?" I ask her cracking open my drink. She gives me a look standing up as the speaker connects to her phone.

"I think we should normalize wearing tee shirts when we go out, if men can do it so can women. Plus look at the back," she says turning around for me. We all look at the back of her shirt and laugh. It's a black tee shirt with white lettering saying fuck you, fuck this, fuck that, fuck off, fuck yeah.