25

LACEY

The cold wind of North Carolina makes me wrap my jacket tighter around my body. It is a cold and cloudy day here at UNC and by the looks of it, most people aren't going to class today. It is a Friday and it's an overall shitty weather day, so I understand. I honestly haven't been out since the whole Kristin and Christine situation. Carter and Tori tried to convince me to go out but I decided to stay in with Sixer, Julie, and Julie's cat. Rae is at the first game of the basketball season for cheer and so are the boys, obviously.

I duck into the lecture hall for my next class and thank the boy holding the door. He sends me a nod before walking away. I am dreading going to any type of class at the moment. I kind of just want to crawl back into bed. I am thankful that this is my last class though. I turn into the hall and sit down in the middle of the classroom where I usually sit. This class is interesting but a pain in my ass. Who knew psychology was actually kind of hard.

I pull out my laptop to get ready to take notes for the day. I open up my messages and see that Carter texted in the groupchat saying; "Good Morning World!" With a dying emoji next to it. I release a small laugh giving it a thumbs up and closing out of the messages tab. Braden and I haven't really spoken since everything happened at the bar on Saturday. The date was amazing. It was everything I could have asked for and more. Braden knew exactly what he was doing. While he didn't flat out tell me what he wanted, his actions spoke louder than his words. Then Kristen and Christine just had to come and fucking ruin it all. I am well aware of how much trouble I am in with my sorority and the missed calls from my mother, that I have been ignoring.

My professor, an older gentleman who is honestly super nice, walks into the classroom holding his briefcase and coffee in his hands. He shoots everyone a genuine smile before paying attention to the computer sitting in front of him.

"Is everyone going to watch the first basketball of the season tomorrow?" he asks powering on the computer. Everyone mumbles either a yes or no to his question. We are all watching the game at our apartment, I hope. The last time we went somewhere to watch an away game everyone did not make it out at night. Plus, Carter actually wants to watch the game since this is the last first game of Asher's college career. How much do we want to bet that she is going to cry?

"Okay class, let's get things started."

I pull up Google Docs and look over my notes. I had time to review the PowerPoint he was doing today and take those notes yesterday. So, now I just sit and do nothing or take notes for some other class. Usually the ladder. The time goes by pretty slowly as my professor drones on and on about who knows what. He finally reaches the final slide of the PowerPoint. He goes over the homework that is due on Monday and what to expect for the next quiz we have on Canvas.

I put everything away in my backpack and head out of the lecture hall. I am glad I took my car because I think it has become colder since the last time I was out here. I grab my car keys out of the front pocket of my backpack and head towards my car. I slide into it and slam my door shut. I take a deep breath in before laying my head on the steering wheel. My blonde hair falls around my face as I intake another breath. The vibration of my phone brings my head up from the steering wheel and glancing down.

PRESIDENT FROM HELL

;is the caller ID. I curse under my breath and grab my phone from the cup holder. I put the phone up to my ear, "Hello?"

"Hello Lacey. I wish I was calling on better terms," Caitlyn sighs over the phone. No she doesn't you fake fucking bitch.

"Okay."

"We need to have a meeting with myself and Michelle. Tomorrow at 4:30pm, work?" Caitlyn says in a bored tone. I bet she is eating this shit up. I know exactly what is going to go down at this meeting and you know what fuck this is.