40. To Army

[Yoongi's IG Post - a photo of his handwritten letter]

Hello Army,

I am carefully writing this letter in hopes that I will not upset you. You have always been a huge part of my life over the past years and I can never be grateful enough for all the love and support you have given me all throughout my career. It is a shame that I can only share the good news with you this way. 

 My beloved Army, a new person came into my life only recently. A child I have never known before; my daughter. She was born and raised without my knowing and it could've stayed that way too. Her mother kept her hidden from me in an attempt to protect our child and my welfare. I couldn't blame her for doing so and as much as I regret not being there for my child, those years that I am oblivious of her existence were spent joyfully with my members and you. So instead of resentment, I am somehow also thankful.

Time has already passed and I can no longer turn it back so the least I can do for my only child is to shower her with the love I could have given her early on. Although she came without warning, now, I don't want to miss another chance to be with her. If choosing to be his responsible father is being irresponsible of me as an idol, I sincerely ask your forgiveness. If wanting to spend time with my daughter is a mistake in the eyes of my fans, I can only apologize too. However, there is no way I will give up the chance of being with her ever again, so I am deeply sorry.

Army, the rings we shared as well as the vows I made are still and will remain valuable to me. I swore to be honest and true to myself in front of you, right? And that's exactly why I'm writing this letter. To stay honest and faithful to my words. I'll take your disappointment with due respect while hoping that at one point, this day will become one of our precious memories too. Apart from apologizing for the sudden news, I'd also like to thank you, Army for being with me and for having you to share my happiness with. I'm selfishly hoping you'll be rooting for my happiness just as how much I'm rooting for your happiness too.

It might be shameless of me to plead for your forgiveness and to hope that you will understand me, still, I want to vouch for it. Am I being overconfident now? Saying all this and expecting Army to accept everything must be too much of me, right? However, I do not want to deceive you or prolong my child's suffering either. She deserves all the love she can get from a father she never had before. 

In due time, I hope I will be able to properly introduce her to you. In the meantime, I will continue working hard to earn back your trust, love, and support. This announcement may come out of the blue and is rather shocking but I want you to know that this is the only way I can think of to express my loyalty and gratefulness towards the fans who embraced me wholeheartedly; my Army.

I wish this will not be the last time I'll be with you. Please continue supporting our members; our group BTS and I wish to see you soon.

Sincerely yours,

BTS Min Yoongi

~~~

A/N: I tried to write this letter as sincerely as possible. Thinking from both perspectives; as the writer and receiver. I also wonder if one day, you will receive the same kind of letter from the person you support wholeheartedly, how will you react? Do not limit it to idol-fan relationships, just think of it with anyone you respected in your life. Will these kinds of words be able to comfort you? Will you think you are being deceived? I hope you can read (or reread) this chapter thinking it'll be real in the near future and assess your feelings, how will you feel? I'd like to know your insights too.