4. Stages

"Daniel, when are you coming home? The baby is hungry!"

"I'm almost there, jeez! Tell your daughter to wait, please."

"She can't wait anymore! She keeps kicking, it hurts!"

"I'm almost... what, 20 giant steps away, Ji."

"You better run Danny, in 1 minute you need to open this damn door or the baby will take her way out from my womb!"

"Alright, alright! See you in a few."

Jeez! That impatient woman and her impatient unborn child!

Daniel sprints as fast as he can carrying a big watermelon. Jihyo is now in her third month of pregnancy and already suffers from her baby's cravings slash mood swings. There are times when even at sleep, she will wake him up wanting to eat ice cream in the middle of the night or rice cake dipped in chocolate syrup. Sometimes she just wanted to buy fruits to hang in the window like curtains or cook food that Daniel hates and force him to eat anyway. Sometimes, she'll make him watch some horror movies while she takes a nap and later asks him how the story goes. If he refuses to watch, she will ignore her the whole day. 

But he can endure all the sufferings because after torturing him, Jihyo will apologize immediately. At times, she'll cry so hard for making him do all those dumb things for her sake even though he didn't have to. Whenever it happens, he can only sigh. Pregnant women's tantrums are indeed on a whole different level!!

~~

Jihyo's first trimester is a pain but thanks to Daniel, she was able to get through it safely. He is very gentle with her not to mention very accommodating. Never once he complains about everything she asks, instead, he'll do it gladly. When her doctor advised her to bed rest because her condition becomes sensitive, Daniel immediately called his parents. He knew she cannot rely on her mom that's why he asks his parents to help her. His parents are not aware of their house arrangement and it is the first time they will ever meet. He had a long conversation with his parents before finally manage to made them take care of her. The following day, she moved to Daegu to spend the rest of her pregnancy days with the Kangs.

Daniel's parents are really kind, no doubt their offspring is also a great person. When Daniel first brought her with them they never gave her a cold shoulder. The awkwardness she felt around the Kangs didn't last long either. After sharing her story, they embraced her wholeheartedly. They treated her like their own and even proudly introduces her as their daughter. 

When she first arrived at their residence, their neighbors thought she's Daniel's girlfriend but they kindly explained who she is without hurting her. A lot of times she felt really sorry towards the Kangs for causing them a lot of troubles but whenever she speaks of her sentiments, they will tell her off; saying she's not a bother. They all love her being with them for some reason. 

"I always wanted a daughter but I never had the chance to have another child. That's why we keep telling Daniel to get marry but he's so stubborn!"