24. Refuse

After Jihyo ended the call, Suga ditched all his schedule and meet with the president. He couldn't care less if he will look unprofessional at this point, all that matters to him now is to sort things out as soon as possible.

-Bighit - CEO office-

"Bang PD, can I have a minute with you?"

"As far as I know you're busy today, Yoongi but why are you here?"

"I have an urgent issue to discuss with you and this cannot wait."

"Well, you're not the only busy one here. I need to go attend an important meeting so if you'll excuse me-"

"You're secretary isn't here."

"I didn't know you're taking interest in my secretary now, Yoongi."

"(snicker) Did you met Jihyo behind my back, Bang PD to chase my daughter away?"

"Are you accusing me?"

"Then why did your secretary met with Jihyo today and keeps telling her to leave? I thought I made myself clear, sir?  I want to become a responsible father to my child from now on and asked for your understanding."

"If only about taking responsibility then I have nothing against it, Yoongi. I will even support and protect you but that comes with a sacrifice on your end. You cannot be with your daughter."

"How's that different from before?"

"Well for one, now she knew you exist and can provide for her daily needs. She needs your support to grow up well more than your presence anyway."

"How could you... say that, Bang PD?"

He said in his raised but controlled voice.

"But that's your reality, Yoongi. That wench is after your money and simply using your child to mooch on you."

"Do not call Jihyo names, she doesn't deserve any disrespect coming from you, sir. Jihyo has no intention of introducing Yoona. It is I who seek the truth and finds out everything."

"That's what you think, Yoongi."

"You know what, if not for that reality show I wouldn't have found her again and I wouldn't be able to see my child."

"She could've stayed hidden if that's her intention but she didn't and let you uncover everything to masked her real plans. Sure, she probably once doesn't want to bother you but now that you are a big shot everyone will  take advantage of you if given the chance however it may be."

"That's absurd!"

"Do some reality check, Yoongi before coming at me and question my management."

~~

Jihyo came back home after meeting with the CEO's secretary. She looks so down and gloomy that the Kang parents cannot help but notice. 

"How are you, Jihyo?"

Mrs. Kang suddenly asked.

"Mother... can I ask for your help?"

"Anytime, my child. What's bothering you?"

The two mothers went to the porch for a conversation. Jihyo feels so displeased she needs to hear somebody else's opinion about her matters. 

"I met Min Yoongi's company representative today, Mother. She is the CEO's secretary."

"I thought you're meeting a friend?"

She shook her head and continued.

"They told me to stop meeting Min Yoongi and leave Daegu."

"Leave Daegu? Do they need to take matters to that extent?"

"They say our presence is a threat to his idol image."

"What a bunch of jerks! Yah! We raised Yoona for five years on our own and she's growing up just fine. Even though she didn't know her father, Yoona has her grandpa and Daniel by her side."

"Mother..."

"You don't need to go somewhere else, Jihyo. You'll stay here with us and we will protect Yoona together. Who do they think they are chasing you away from your own home? Tsk!"

"I'm scared, what if they will also harm this family because I won't leave? I don't want to cause you any harm, Mother."

"You're overthinking things, Jihyo. What could they possibly do to harm us? If we open our mouths and reveal the truth in public, they will be the ones at a disadvantage. As long as we're keeping things discreet, they will not harm us, trust me."

"Mother..."

"We're all in this together, Jihyo-ah. Don't dwell on it on your own, okay? Mother will always be by your side to support you."

They ended the conversation with a warm hug.

~~

After meeting his CEO, the BTS managers were asked to keep a tight watch on him so he won't skip his schedules for the day and stay at the dorm after. He is not allowed to meet anyone except for people at work or go out of the dorm after his schedules.

Around eight in the evening on the same day, Suga was summoned back to their company to meet an artist for a potential collaboration. He was not in the mood for an unplanned meeting but he was left without a choice when their manager drives them to the company first. He disembarks from the vehicle forcefully so his members can all go back to the dorm and rest, if not he will only cause them more delay.

"You're finally here, Suga-ssi."

Says Mr. Choi, Bighit's Manager in charge of the meeting. He just bows to them without a word before lazily plops down the swivel chair. Then in a sweet, charismatic voice, a woman speaks to him briefly.

"We've met again, Suga-ssi."

~~~