Chapter 4-The Meeting

Disclaimer: This story is somewhat based on USA 2002 in 1942

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 7, 1941, 5:00 pm

Washington, DC

Garrick Rolph (President of the USA) POV:

"Yes, honey I will be home, soon I just have to finish this meeting, I love you too honey, Bye" I said over the phone, after I hang up, I look at my general staff, "what is the situation" I said.

"Well, we have some good news, it was not a nuclear attack as NORAD didn't see anything in the atmosphere" someone said.

"The bad news?" I spoke.

"We lost all of our communications with any allies, actually we cannot even contact Canada" said one of my staff.

"How is that even possible, Canada's landmass is right next to us" I said confused.

"Well sir, I think I know what is going on, colonel River, the person in charge of the Hawaii base got in contact with the people here, they say that it was the imperial Japan from WW2, they think we time travel to 1941, as the Japanese were trying to attack Pearl Habor" the secretary of homeland defense said.

"Wait what happened, did they win?" I spoke.

"Yes, they did, unlike the original Pearl Habor we stop their attack and even sunk all of the aircraft carrier in the Kido Butai, and many escorts," said the secretary of homeland defense.

"Should we declare war" I said looking at my general staff.

"It's Congress choice" one of my staff states.

"I think they will definitely choose to go to war, anyway what is happening with our economy" I said.

"We are self-sufficient for the most part for Comsumer goods with the 2024 self-sufficient act that was pasted however 30% of our goods still comes from trading so prices will go up" said the Secretary of Marketing.

"I will allocate 50 billion dollars to make us 100% self-sufficient" I said. 

"We are doing good for energy with the 2022 energy program that we started, we are 100% self- sufficient and because we relied on renewable electrical power instead of fossil fuels, the things we do need oil for which is most of the military thing is manageable and we can produce enough oil to stratify the needs, we do not need to focus on getting oil" said the Secretary of energy.

"We also do not have to focus on food as we are self-sufficient there too, however some exotic foods we do not have as those are exported" said the Secretary of Agriculture. 

"Ok, however I would like you to study this time period for any of the exotic foods you are missing. Also, what about the military bases around the world, where are they?" I spoke.

"They have all teleported to Alaska (If you did not know I said Space-Time Manipulator, so Time was the time travel to 1941 and Space was that it teleported the us military bases around the world to Alaska if you didn't know), we have just contacted them" said the secretary of homeland defense.

"How about the other countries, did we talk to them yet" I said.

"Not yet sir, we need to know who our allies can be and who can't as we know our world history, we can safely assume that we can get the British on our side, however we do not what to help the USSR" the Sectary of Foreign Affairs said.

"Why not, weren't theypart of the allies in WW2" I said.

"Yes, they were allies with us for WW2, but we also need to know what is after that which is the cold war, and we cannot allow to give the soviets any advantage" said the Sectary of Foreign Affairs

"Ok, fine but what are we going to do" I said.

"I think we should make the people know what situation we are in right now, after all many are rioting because they cannot contact there loves ones in other countries, and the mass confusion of the light" the Secretary of Internal Affairs said.

"Fine, I will make a speech to the people tomorrow, but do we have any intel of what's happening right now" I said.

"We do actually, luckily our satellites are still with us even when we time traveled so we have a full scope of everything going on, not to mention our knowledge of history of WW2, so we would know all the weapons that Germany and Japan going to have and use, we can't say we know everything as the butterfly affect will happen."

"Ok this is good, after all information is key, however I need to see my wife so I will continue this meeting later, dismissed."

"Yes sir" the general staff said leaving.

As I was about to leave the white house someone came running up to me, "Mr. President" he said, "I need you to look at this" handing me a paper.

"What is this" I said, looking at the paper sheet he gave me.

"This is a new law that Congress just passed, he said, and they need you to sign it before going to the Senate, Mr. president" he said.

I looked at it and saw.

The Technology Isolation Law

All military and civilian advance technology will be only in the US, no advance technology will be share to the outside world unless it has the permission of the government. This is to keep America's technological advantage in the world.

I then looked at my opinion, at first, I would have disagreed to this law however knowing that if the enemy get our technology, especially our nuclear weapons, it could cause more death and destruction and they would do this if we shared our technology even to our allies as they do not have the advance spy network like we do and the technology could be stolen, I sighed and sign the law to be pass. I than gave the paper back to him.

He then ran off to get it probably to the Senate but then stop. 

"Also, Congress agrees to declare war on Japan" he said, then started to run again, I sigh and went to the car taking me to my home to hopefully get some peaceful sleep.

December 17, 1941, 6:30 am

USS General R. Ford

Earl Moe (Sailor)

I sighed as I looked at my photo of Karrie Drea my girlfriend, I wish I was there right now as I saved up for a 3 month leave for the Navy, however when the President ordered DEFCON 3, the Navy order everyone to be in service which means I couldn't get leave until DEFCON 5. Anyways we were going to be doing a diplomatic to Great Britain, we got a whole extra fleet of 5 destroyers to hunt submarines around the carrier along with the standard protocol of 1 missile cruiser, and 2 more destroyers, there was also one supply ship and one submarine because the government stated that they were in WW2 with the president doing a speech about it, and the navy knew that Germany had U- boats patrolling the Atlantic from history so they wanted better submarine protection, so the carrier was better protected and the ambassador on board however nobody was worried as we know we could easily destroy German U-boats. On the trip, we sink around 10 U-boats so far, everyone was on high alert as we never know when another U-boat appears on sonar, however on the 10th day (I know it could be faster but remember that it had to maneuver from U-boats and Aircraft) of the voyage we finally arrived at Great Britain when a sailor yelled "I see Britain."

Everyone went upstairs to the fight deck to see the land that was Britain, however we also saw it was getting bombed by Germany's aircraft with smoke over the city.

I then heard the captain say, "Every pilot get on a plane and go shoot some Nazis", after that everyone cheer and the pilots race to their planes as they always wanted to have a chance to shoot the Nazis down, it didn't take long for the planes to get launch, I than thought, I hope we can make a difference.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------