Chapter 20-The Civilian Life

Disclaimer: This story is somewhat based on USA 2002 in 1942

Author Note: Still thought it was going to be the Invasion of Italy, I know some you of did, but the reason of me not getting the invasion of Italy is that if I do the story would be too short, so I will do it in a later chapter, after all war is not all about the military and military operations.

Also, I been reading the comments, even though I try to research everything to see if everything is alright, some things do slip by me. Another important thing is that I will do my major edits when I fully complete the book, I will do edits of thing you guys' comment about though.

Also, 5,000 views on the book!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 16th, 1942, 11:30

North Carolina, Raleigh 

Karrie Drea (Civilian) POV

Finally, I finished I thought as I got all the groceries, they were pretty cheap as prices had dropped again, when the transfer first hit the price of everything went up, from food, electricity, goods, etc. This cause ruin in the economy which shrink 2% in a day, inflation went up, basically it was one of the worst days ever for everybody. However soon everything stabilized after a few months, first it was food which stabilized the fastest, however some exotic foods price did skyrocket and was so high that it could cost a 1,000 dollar just to get one, they were the ones that could not be produce in the US and had to be traded to get it before the transference, but overall, everything was the same to pre-transference levels.

This was not the only thing I had to worry about, I also worried about my boyfriend Earl, he was on the USS Gerald R. Ford during the transference, with the new war that was happening. He was going to take a leave from the navy but with the president putting the military to DEFCON 3 all military personal either active or inactive had to be in the military, so he had to stay on the carrier. I only hope he was ok; I had sent him tons of letters but didn't know if it got to him or not with the whole war going on.

Just as I finished packing up my groceries after I got to my house someone ringed the doorbell, this was odd as I was not expecting anyone to come today.

"Coming" I said, then I got to the door, when I opened it, I was full of shock at who was there.

June 10th, 1942, 8:30

USS Gerald R. Ford

Earl Moe (Sailor) POV

I was doing my task for the day, after the navel engagement with the German navy our strike group was than tasked with bombarding German industry, today we finished our 112th mission, most of the crew were very tired by this continuous work, but today we were going to be in the biggest surprise of our life.

After I finished all my task, there was an order for everyone to be on the flight deck, soon after everyone got to the deck the admiral step out of the bridge with a microphone in his hands.

"Hello everyone, as you know it has been over 6 months at sea, so we have been ordered to get back to the mainland and get repairs, this also means that if you want you can go on leave while we do the repairs, we have notice decrease efficiency because of your tiredness, so try to rest up to be in full strength, after all we are still in war"

Everybody on deck was cheering, everybody here has been overworked, to the pilots, crew and even the officers, to take a break was something of a dream for us, a dream that we got, soon we started our journey to the mainland, I was also in a dream state as I can finally visit my girlfriend.

After 5 days of traveling, we finally arrived in New York, after saying goodby to my fellow crewmates I when to an airport and took a fight to North Carolina, Raleigh. After another 2 hours of waiting, boarding and the actual fight time it took to go from New York to North Carolina I finally made it. After so many months of being away from each other I decided to get some gifts to my girlfriend, I got some flowers, and her favorite chocolate. I than took a bus and then walked to our house, it looked different over the past 6 months, but I knew it would be different, after all I was gone for 6 months, soon I was at the door, I than rang the doorbell.

"Coming" yelled all too familiar sound of my girlfriend, soon she opens the door, I knew she was in fully of shock when she saw me.

June 16th, 1942, 11:30

North Carolina, Raleigh

Karrie Drea (Civilian) POV

"Earl!" I said hugging my boyfriend, I never expected to see him come back this early from the navy, I thought he was going to be gone for another 4-5 months.

"Hello Karrie, I'm back" said my ever-loving boyfriend, soon he explains why he was back, something about his ship needing its yearly maintenance, he also gave me some gift which I loved, we than did things we missed out on because of the transference and the war like going to the theaters, going to restaurants, etc. Soon we when back home thinking about the things we are going to do before Earl has to go back to the navy. My life has become much more enjoyable, with Earl with me. 

When I was shopping one time for a gift for Earl in Walmart, I also notice something else, there was some things I never saw before, they were things I thought we need at least 10 years to develop or even more, they were seeds that can survive any weather condition, better solar panels that were 1,000 times more efficient, and other insane things that seem almost futuristic, who made these things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Note: I hope you enjoy the chapter, also I did keep my promise of updating each week, this chapter just took longer.