Chapter 7-Operation Shadow

Disclaimer: This story is somewhat based on USA 2002 in 1942

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 18, 1941, 6:00 am

Secret CIA base, located: Classified

3rd Person

"Listen up everyone, at 2028, September 2 is when a mysterious white light blinded America, now we figure out it was to time travel us to December 7, 1941, our mission is to capture, not kill (looking at one of the operative), whoever made the machine that made us time travel and make him take us back to our time, he will be the VIP in this mission" said the sergeant, "we have estimated the search area to be around Raleigh, North Carolina, this mission requires undercover work to not alert the VIP, so pack light, ETA in 10 minutes, also this was order in secret by the president himself so I do hope you complete this mission with success"

"Yes sir" yelled the CIA operatives going on this mission.

 December 10, 1941(When the president made the speech about America time traveling)

Raleigh, North Carolina

Jimmie Oswald (Genius):

I was down, still after the complete failure of my project, and the mysterious white light which totally wreck my mood with all of the riots here as consumer goods prices rise up, this led to my mom not getting anything she wanted in shores, my mom now only got food which price still stay the same except for some of the exotic food which price inflated by a lot, this put sadness into my mom which in turn, made me even more depressed. I walked downstair very slowly signaling how depressed I was, I than turn on the TV for the news today.

"Breaking News, the president is making a speech today about the mysterious white light that happen." the newscaster said, "here he is now".

I turn and listen to this as this was pretty interesting, perking my curiosity.

"Hello America, today at 2028, September the 2 is when a mysterious white light happened," said the president, "now we know what happen to us, we have time traveled to 1941 during the Pearl Harbor attack, as of right now, we have sunk the whole entire Japanese 1st carrier fleet, we will also declare war on Japan for their act of aggression with us, I hope you have a nice day"

I immediately went upstairs and to my room after I hear that, I than find the STM, I found it after a few minutes, and then check the tablet on it to see what I had set for where I was going to time travel, I then saw the Pearl Habor attack on it and thought, how had this happened, it was only for one person not a whole country, I than run my calculations again for the STM which nothing was wrong than I ran the calculations for the HEPNR and saw that I did my calculations wrong, it did not produce 100 terajoules, it actually produced 100 petajoules, but I was confused, how did the energy transfer system I built not break under the pressure, I than looked at the reactor again than realized that I also built a failsafe so that if it overloaded the energy transfer system did not work than the energy goes to the atmosphere creating the white light stated on the news, but that energy also made the area it cover to also time travel which is why the whole country of the US was teleported not just me. But then I wonder how Canada or Mexico was not travel, or how Hawaii or Alaska also did time travel too even though there are a long way away from the lower 48 states by an ocean and landmass, but I did not question it, instead I was trying to fix my mistake. But soon I came to the realization that I couldn't, well I could but it just that I put some dates already that I could not reverse like 1914, 1803, 1765, and 27 BC (Foreshadowing the future), then finally we were going to our own time again, but this meant that we have to go through history, but I did learn that we were going to be in each time period for the amount of time the event happens. Oh, boy, I thought, I am going to be in so much trouble.

(Now, December 18, 12:00 am)

I kept on running calculations in my head to try and get back to 2028 with the STM, however I couldn't get any solutions, as I keep working things in my heard I heard something downstairs.

"I'm sorry but I didn't see any white light hear, I was asleep" said my mom to the mysterious person at my door. 

"Ok, but if you see anything unusual contact us with this phone number," said the mysterious person.

"Ok" said my mom. 

After the mysterious person left, I made myself know to my mom, "mom, who was that at the doorway" I said curious.

"It is just the CIA, they just wanted to find the origins of the white light," said my mom

My eyes widened, this means that if I do get caught than I could get into serious trouble from the government, which I didn't want, "Ok, thanks mom" I said trying not to sounded panicked which work as my mom was not suspicious of me.

"Your welcome honey, now I have to go and shop for groceries" said my mom, "be ok son"

"Bye mom" I said back, she than left and close the door, I than ran upstairs and sat across the STM, what should I do, the question bugging in my mind, should I turn myself in, bargain or run. I knew that no matter where I run, the CIA will probably find me so that is not an opinion. I could bargain which seems like the great choice I have, now all I need was an CIA agent, or I could go to the police station and turn myself in, but I would face public outlash, so I decided to go find an agent. A few minutes later I found the number card of the CIA in my mom's bedroom, I than typed in the number and hit the call button.

"Ring, ring, Hello, this is the CIA, do you have anything to strange to report" a voice said over the phone.

"Yes, I do, I found something mysterious in my area" I said over the phone, I than give them my address as they asked for it and a few minutes later I heard a knock on the door.

"This is the CIA, open up," said a voice, I sighed and then unlock the door and open it to the CIA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------