Chapter 12-The Old and the New

Disclaimer: This story is somewhat based on USA 2002 in 1942

Authors note: BTW, I will put (WW2) besides the people who come from, well, WW2, so remember that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 14, 1942, 8:00 am

Washington, DC

Garrick Rolph (President of the USA):

"Ok what is the situation right now" I said looking at my General Staff.

"The 2nd operation torch is going smoothly; we may be able to secure North Africa with another 10 days" said one of the generals.

"Good, what about the in the oceans" I said turning to the chief of staff.

"We also have protected the conveys, also because we are doing so much damage to both the Japanese and German Navy, they had stop building ships, however we do not know where they were relocating those resources to," said the chief of staff. 

"Great, now what are we going to do with the other Americans from WW2 in Australia" I said to my General Staff.

"I do think we should reeducate them about modern society, we might also be able to make them a General again if they would want to" said one of my advisors.

"Ok, get to that, but now I what to know about Jimmie Oswald" I said.

"Well, he is help making new generation military equipment, including the new railgun, and hyper energy producing nuclear reactor or the HEPNR, he also working on lasers, new lighter and stronger metals, radar and more, for the economy he has already created all-weather crops, better recycling and much more" said the secretary of Research and Development.

"Wow, that is a lot of things, it's a good thing we have him" I said, "Is that all everyone"

My General Staff in the room all nodded at me, "Great than let's go home" I said happily, finally I can see my wife after a long day of work I thought.

February 14, 1942, 10:00 am

US base, Australia

3rd person:

General McArthur, instead of seeing a base he was used to, he instead saw modern AFV, tanks and guns that in his life he never sees before or thought that the Army had them, soon they arrived at the commander of this base tent, they however pick up more WW2 soldiers along the way, everyone (except the modern soldiers) was equally surprised at this new atmosphere this base had compared to their old base. 

Much of the conversation between the soldiers (WW2), before the they got to the command tent was "Wow, look at that tank", "What is that", or "I never seen this before in all of my life", etc. 

The soldiers (WW2) finally went inside of the command tank, then General McArthur soon got in, the two commander saluted each other and then the talking started, "Hello everyone, my name is commander Heath, today I am going to get information that will shock you, we are future America"

"Wait what" said the soldiers (WW2) surprised. 

"Yes, you heard me correctly, we are actually in 2028 when we time traveled here, however from our president of the USA we have offered you to get reeducated in modern society" said the commander.

"Wait so we get to see what it is like to be in the future" said the soldiers (WW2).

"Yes, you will, what about you General McArthur" said the commander to the general.

"If my men go, then I will go to" said the general (WW2).

After the WW2 soldiers agreed to go and see the modern version of their country the commander order guards to escort them to a plane, when the soldier (WW2) saw the airplane, they were amazed, instead of seeing propellors, they saw massive turboprops which didn't even know it was a thing till now, when they got in, they saw luxury suit, each soldier (WW2) sat in one of the chairs and although some of them figure out how to buckle, most of them needed help from the fight attendance which surprise them again as females but they didn't question it. 

Soon the plane took off, many of the soldier (WW2) were very scared of it because of the bumpy start except the ones that already took a plane but relaxed when it became less bumpy when they got to altitude while the ones who took a plane before were surprised to see that there was no turbulence every 10 seconds in the flight like it was when they traveled on plane but enjoyed it as well as the other soldiers (WW2), they were given menus of list of foods they could try out on the plane, when they finished ordering, professional cooks prepare the food, they then finished and the fight attendance served out the food which the soldier (WW2) enjoyed very much.  

General McArthur was just surprised on how technology advance the modern America was, he couldn't wait until he gets to see the airshows in the United States, however right now he is just enjoying what he can in the time he has in the plane.

After many hours of enjoying what the plane has to offer, the captain soon said that they were closing in on San Fransico, soon many of the American soldier (WW2) stared wide eyed by the huge city, they thought it look a lot bigger than their San Fransico, but they passed the city, instead they were going to the capital, Washington, DC to see their new commander and chief or the President, however that didn't mean they couldn't see all of the cities built in America, the big and small, and the old and new.

February 14, 1942, 8:00 pm

100 miles from New York:

3rd Person:

There was an Arleigh Burke class destroyer, the USS John Finn, the captain and the crew were very relaxed, they didn't think anything could get pass them, the submarines were gone as the government reported that Germany stopped ship building, and no German aircraft could fly this far or so they thought, the captain lucky had not close their radar or sonar like many other destroyers, he thought that Germany was going to do something sneaky and he was right.

"Captain, 50 bogies 100 miles from us, they seem like they're going for New York, there is also no aircraft scheduled to fly in this area, much less that much" said the radio operator.

"Those Nazis, always doing something sneaky, launch the AA missiles and warned high command" the captain order.

"Yes, sir" said the operator, what they didn't know was that it although there was indeed German aircraft in the formation but there was also the Japanese too, they were going to strike New York with the new America bomber that they created, the American Captain saved 1,000s of countless lives by shooting and warning about the attack, while the aircraft were shot down in explosions and never to be seen again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------