Chapter 5-The Encounter

Disclaimer: This story is somewhat based on USA 2002 in 1942

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 17, 1941, 6:00 am

Plymouth, Britain

Sam Watson (Ace pilot of the RAF):

"Ready, go," said my mate Tyler, we were a part of the RAF, both of us were Ace pilots and defended London during German bomb raids, right now we were running to see who was faster. Almost there I though looking at the white line my friends drew, however Tyler was beating me, so I push myself faster, 10 feet, 5 feet, finished.

"So, who won" said Tyler, tired out by the run, huffing and puffing.

"I do not know mate" I said to him, "it looked like a tie, but I think I won"

"But, but..." he was cut off when the alarm set off for the air raid. 

"Come on, we have to go, we can talk about the race later" I said to Tyler who nodded, we than both went to our planes, we than taxied to the runway and took off to meet the bombers with the rest of our squadron. We push our throttle to the max to intercept the German bomber quickly, however, we were too late as the German bombers were already dropping their payload on the city cause many building to crumble. But than a light seems to come out of nowhere and hit one of the German bombers, destroying it instantly, then another, and another, soon the once massive formation of German bombers became only 5, then strange aircraft with no propellors came out of the clouds shooting down the remaining bombers with their guns.

"What are those?" Tyler said confused

"I am as confused as you are mate" I said looking at the aircraft that just destroyed the German bombers.

"Look it's an aircraft carrier" said one of my squadron mates, we than looked at that direction and saw that it was indeed an aircraft carrier, it was also very massive, and what looks like a metal fight deck which is rare, as they had some aircraft carriers with metal decks but never one this massive, I also saw 5 ships, they looked like cruiser however they had one gun on them for some reason.

"Hey, the strange planes from earlier are landing on it" another one of my squadron mates said, which was indeed true as I saw some of the strange plane's landing on the aircraft carrier.

"Hello" said a mysterious voice over the radio scaring me to the core.

"Who are you," said Tyler. 

"I am Firefox, the AWACs for the Gerald R. Ford aircraft carrier" said the voice which is known as Firefox.

"What's an AWACs?" said one of our mates

"Are you the one who down the German bombers?" said another one of our mates

"What country are you from," said Tyler

"A AWACs is an airborne warning and control system, yes we are the people who shot down the German bombers, and the country we are from is the United States of America," said Firefox, this information shocked Sam as he thought that the US was neutral in the war, it also gave Sam a lot of questions like how America got such strange aircraft.

"Wait, aren't you guys supposed to be neutral in the war," said Tyler.

"Yes, we were neutral, but after Japan's fail attempt of a Suprise attack of Pearl Habor, we declare war on Japan and Germany Declared war on us (Remember this is 10 days after Pearl Habor in which in history German declare war on the US 4 days after, this is why when they destroyed the planes, they do not have any diplomatic consequences) which is why we destroy those German bombers, did you not get this information"

"No, but that does makes sense" I said.

"Anyways, we are sending a helicopter with an ambassador to meet Prime Minister Churchill so please do not shoot it down," said Firefox.

"We will warn our commanders so do not worry" I said.

"Thank you, umm...," said Firefox

"Sam Watson" I said

"Sam Watson" Firefox repeated.

December 17, 1941, 11:00 am

London, Great Britain

Winston Churchill (Prime Minister of UK) POV:

"Prime Minister, Prime Minister" shouted the radio operator, running through the halls trying to get the Prime Minister of her country attention.

"Yes" I said looking at the radio operator.

"The Americans are sending an ambassador here right now" she said out of breath.

"What! Prepare to meet them and alert the rest of the people to get ready" I said panicking.

What are the Americans doing here I thought they were neutral? Anyways, even then I got ready to meet them. After a few minutes I heard a "Thun, Thun, Thun" sound in the distance, when I saw what was making the noise it surprised me, I saw an aircraft, but the propeller was on the top instead of in front, although I was not an aircraft expert but that seem unusually. When it landed, it created a gust of wind almost knocking my hat off, luckily, I put it in place before it blew off. Then I saw 3 people getting off the strange aircraft, 1 person who looked formality dress with a black suit and tie, with two other people with camo uniforms and guns strapped to their shoulder which I guessed as bodyguards. 

"Hello Prime Minister Churchill, my name is ambassador Raine representing the United States of America" said the person with the suit on, now known as ambassador Raine.

"Hello to you too, I have a few questions would you mind answering" I said to him.

"Of course, what are your questions" the ambassador formally said.

"Why are you not neutral? What is that strange airplane? Why did you shoot down the German aircraft?" I said.

"Well first off, we got attacked by Japan in a surprise attack at Pearl Habor however the attempted failed and that made us create a decoration of war against the Japanese which is why we are not neutral. The strange aircraft is called a helicopter, it is slow than a normal propeller however has VTOL which is a vertical landing and take-off aircraft. Finally, we shot down the German bombers because after we declare war on Japan for the failed surprise attack, Germany also declare war for some unknown reason" the ambassador said answering all of my questions.

"So, what are you doing here in Great Britain than?" I said.

"We are here to help you fight the Nazis" the ambassador said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------