Chapter 22-The People of the Past (Part 2)

Disclaimer: This story is somewhat based on USA 2002 in 1942

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 20th, 1942, 10:10 am

Washington DC, White House

Garrick Rolph (president of USA) POV

You know, when I ran for president, I aways thought I would be one of the presidents that would get lost to USA history, that I would probably not be remember to anyone in the future, but with the life changing event of the transfer or what everyone calls the time travel of our country, I would probably be one of, if not the most famous presidents leading the country in this time of uncertainly, and I was scared, I thought in my head.

With literally FDR coming back to life, or at least to people of the modern USA and not so much everyone else, I was scared of meeting him, which he was coming in about 10 to 20 minutes by one of the presidential state cars with the usual escorts, I mean, he is one of the most famous presidents in US history, lead us throw the great depression and WW2, he would need a lot of protection. 

Congress was deciding on what to do with the past president, he was still in office in 1942 and would still be right now, congress also had to deal with the 1942 congress members and senate members, they have decided that all of the 1942 presidents, congress members and senate members would govern all past citizens of the USA while the modern members of the government would still govern the modern USA, me and the senate had already agree with congress plan, this however had to be agree upon by both of the governments which is why FDR was coming to the white house.

Soon I saw the presidential car coming up the front lawn, the door then opens to reveal FDR.

"Hello, I am Garrick Rolph, I am the president of the USA of 2028" I said

"So, does that mean everyone knows me?" said FDR

"Well, yes, after all you are one of the most important presidents in history" I said

"Wow, I didn't think I would be this recognized," said FDR

Soon after the talk we than focus on the more important things, including the congress plan which FDR and the 1942 congress and senate had to be signed, the majority agreed on the plan and soon we now had to negotiate how to integrate the 1942 US citizens to the modern 2028 USA. Soon we decided on having the 1942 citizens into reeducation, just enough to allow them to understand modern technology and get a stable job, me and FDR decided on a 5-year reeducation, while congress decided on a 6-year reeducation and the senate decided they need to spend 12-year on reeducation, after a lot of political things (Hey, I do not know politics, so don't think I can write it), we (FDR and Garrick Rolph), congress, and the senate agreed on 6 year. 

After that I had to look at the situation of the country, we were at war, but that was not my main concern as we were crushing the axis with our technological advantage, however now they have to worry about 135,000,000 people coming out of the after effect of the STM, the thing that made the country travel back in time in the first place. FDR had already left for the place designated for the 1942 government which was a fancy hotel as the new government building for them were just starting construction and could not be done till next year.

Soon I was in front of my general staff.

"So, I need to know how we would be able to support the estimated 135,000,000 people with reeducation, basic needs and housing" I said.

"We can allocate 10 billion dollars to the cause, however that would not cover all of the 135,000,000 people" said the secretary of marketing.

"Not to mention the internal unrest with the people of the past coming and us giving them all of this while there are still people that are homeless, or without food, etc." said the secretary of internal affairs.

"OK, allocate 5 billion dollars to help the 1942 citizens, after all they are only coming in at the rate of 1,000 people per day according to the reports, then allocate the rest of the money, so another 5 billion to help the people who are in need, we do not need more problems of rioting in the situation we are in" I said, "Now, how are we doing in the military".

"We are doing well, with us kicking out the Germans in Africa, we now have the opportunity to do the invasion of Italy, this would however cost a lot of resources and even some of the lives of our men which we miraculously still have zero losses" said the chief of staff.

Although I didn't like anyone dying as it would heavy affect people here with the loss of a loved one, it had to happen so we can end the war, I agreed to allow the operation of the invasion of Italy happened.

Soon the meeting was over, as I was walking out the white house, I was thinking, what else could happen.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR) (32nd President of the USA) POV of the events

I was inside of a car, but it wasn't just any car, no, it was a futuristic car, or to me, with the transfer, I experience a lot of shock, especially when people started to what, what was it called, oh, selfies, and they wanted it with me, I later found out that I was the president of the USA, and it was a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet with me apparently.

Soon the car stopped at the white house, it looked the same when I was in it, well in the outside at least, in the inside it was like walking into a completely different room, but anyway I soon met with a person with a suit on.

"Hello, I am Garrick Rolph, I am the president of the USA of 2028" said the person which I now knew as Garrick

"So, does that mean everyone knows me?" I said

"Well, yes, after all you are one of the most important presidents in history" Garrick said

"Wow, I didn't think I would be this recognized," I said

Soon after the talk with the future president to me anyway, we than discussed other important matters, soon I left for the place designated as the government place for the government of 1942 or so they called it, as I was going there, I thought of what the new things this futuristic USA had.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------