ice

Chapter Six ; ice

Jordyn arrived at the restaurant, a little nervous.

Jordyn walks up to the table and Joe is scrolling through his phone. He wasn't alone.

Joelle sits next to him which left Jordyn having to seat across from him.

"Hi, Joelle, Joe," Jordyn said as she placed her purse in the chair next to her.

"Hi, Jordyn," Joelle said as she waved at Jordyn.

Joe put his phone down.

"Why don't we order?" Joe asked Jordyn.

"Oh, sure," Jordyn answered as she picked up the menu and started looking at the options.

The waiter approached and Joe placed the orders for him and Joelle. Jordyn turns to the waiter and orders the special with orange juice.

As soon as the waiter leaves, Joe turns to Joelle and asks her about her trip to visit her mom.

Joe and his ex-girlfriend had a 75/25 custody agreement with Joe having Joelle 75% of the time and the mother has Joelle 25% of the time.

Joelle just got back from visiting her mom.

Joelle starts talking about her visit to her mom's house, only leaving room for Joe and Jordyn to nod and agree to everything she says.

The food arrived and they began silently eating.

Jordyn could feel herself losing her appetite as she felt that Joe was ignoring her as dinner went on.

"Eat up," Joe told Jordyn.

Jordyn nods as she continues to take bites of her food. The food tasted pretty amazing. Even after finishing dinner, Joe pretty much ignored Jordyn.

"Thank you for dinner but I have a pretty busy morning so I'll just get going; it was nice to see you again, Joelle," Jordyn said as she grabbed her purse and walked out of the restaurant.

Inside the car, Jordyn cries.

There's a knock on her window. Jordyn quickly wipes away her tears and looks.

Joe and Joelle are standing there. Joe frowns.

Jordyn's window comes down.

"We didn't get dessert," Joe said.

"Are you crying because you're pregnant? My mom has been crying a lot lately because of her pregnancy," Joelle told Jordyn.

Jordyn quickly denied being pregnant.

"No, just a tough day," Jordyn replied.

"Daddy, we should Jordyn ice cream; that makes me feel better when I'm having a tough day," Joelle said.

Jordyn smiled.

"Follow me, and we'll go get ice cream," Joe told Jordyn.

Jordyn nods.

"He's like ice tonight," Jordyn said to herself as she pulled out of the restaurant's parking lot.

|