shower

Chapter Thirteen @shower

A week after Jordyn revealed to Joe that she was pregnant and shared the news with her family and friends.

Jordyn was back in Los Angeles for press week for her new movie. The sun glares into her eyes as she balances her phone between her shoulder and ear while looking through her purse for her AirPods.

"I know I put them in here," Jordyn muttered to herself as she ignored the paparazzi trying to get her attention.

"Girl, do you really need them," Janet said.

"Yeah, I need to block the noise," Jordyn said.

"But we're going shopping for the baby shower," Janet said. "You won't need them in the store," She added.

Janet is Jordyn's cousin, and she is about to welcome a new bundle of joy and Jordyn is in charge of planning her baby shower.

"You're right," Jordyn said.

Jordyn gave up looking for the AirPods and sighed.

"So, what are you doing for my baby shower?" Janet asked as she and Jordyn walk up the busy sidewalk.

"Well, I'm throwing you an intimate orange-themed baby shower since orange is your favorite color and you don't want the basic blue for boy or pink for girl type of baby shower," Jordyn revealed to Janet.

"The table will be decorated with orange bouquets and matching dishes. Guests will enjoy frosted cakes decorated with flowers. I opted for labeled gift boxes instead of traditional place settings but that's all I'm telling you," Jordyn said.

Janet smiled.

"That's fine with me. I'm just excited about it and thank you once again for throwing me a baby shower," Janet said.

Jordyn smiled.

"You're welcome," Jordyn said.