met gala

Chapter Nine (Met Gala)

The lobby was bloated with celebrities waiting their turn to depart as Jordyn and Joe made their way through the Mark Hotel lobby on Monday evening.

Outside the hotel, swarms of people had congregated behind metal barricades as traffic leading into the 70s on Madison inched along, led by the siren call of flashing red and blue lights up and down the avenue.

The herd of press and fans surrounded Jordyn and Joe as they debuted their Met Gala looks.

"Wow! You really are beautiful from every angle!"

"Jordyn!"

"Joe!"

"You guys look so good!"

Jordyn flashed a smile toward the call of adoring fans as Joe helped her with her dress to get into the van.

"Thank you," Jordyn told Joe as he held onto the bottom of her dress.

Jordyn's hairstylist begins to readjust her hair by brushing out Jordyn's hair as the van takes off to the  Metropolitan Museum of Art, Costume Institute.

Jordyn offer Joe a quick, sweet smile as an assistant to Sarah Burton tries to fix something on his suit.

Joe felt a little bit out of his element but he was doing this for Jordyn as she has always been excited about attending the Met Gala and when she got invited to attend, she already told Joe that she wanted him to come with her to it.

"Let's do this," Jordyn told Joe.

Joe nodded.

Jordyn's smile was big and bright as she stared out the window as the van rolled to a stop.

"We walk the carpet, greet the co-chairs, head inside. And mingle and try to enjoy the night, together," Jordyn told Joe.

Jordyn and Joe exit the van and are met with chirps of excitement from people gathered nearby.

Joe kissed Jordyn and placed a hand on her lower back as Jordyn glances over at the flock of press who are all anxiously waiting for her and Joe to walk the carpet.

Jordyn and Joe walk onto the carpet and the photographers and reporters on the side of the big steps are screaming their names, hoping to get a glimpse or a wave from them.

They posed at the bottom of the stairs for the group of photographers before moving along up the stairs until Joe stepped to the side to let Jordyn get a few solo shots.

"Jordyn! Who are you wearing?" Someone yelled.

"Alexander McQueen!" Jordyn exclaimed.

Jordyn holds out her hand for Joe to join her.

A few more photographers take snapshots of your intentional pose.

"Are you two getting married anytime soon?" A press reporter yells.

Joe winks at him before they continued up the stairs.

Once the reach the top of the stairs, they get interviewed by Emma Chamberlain for Vogue.

"Jordyn!" Emma beamed at Jordyn. "I'm so glad you're here! We were so hoping you'd come! And you brought your very handsome boyfriend and football legend, Joe with you," Emma added.

Jordyn smiled.

Joe chucked.

"Yes, I'm so happy to be here and of course, I brought my man, I have to show him off every chance I get," Jordyn said.

"And Joe, how do you feel about being here tonight?" Emma asked Joe.

"I'm happy wherever Jordyn is," Joe replied.

"Nice answer," Emma said.

"He's shy," Jordyn said.

"Okay, and for the very anticipated Met Gala tonight, what is the look you're going for?" Emma asked Jordyn.

"Well, tonight Sarah Burton and I went for risks in the glam department–the hair, the makeup, and with the dress it was all about being extravagant, and Joe is giving royalty in his gold suit," Jordyn answered.

"And the tiara?" Emma asked Jordyn.

Jordyn gently touched the tiara.

"Oh, once I explained the theme to Joe, he went out and brought me a tiara," Jordyn replied.

"Is it a newly purchased or custom made?" Emma asked Joe.

"It's Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney's Diamond Tiara by Boucheron," Joe answered.

"Oh wow. Well, you guys look so amazing — like a Royal couple and that color is working perfectly for you both," Emma said.

"Thank you," Joe said.

"Enjoy yourselves inside," Emma said.

"You too," Joe said as he helped Jordyn walk into the venue and found their table before drinking the night away.