(1) Why?

———————-
Kenny's POV
———————-

"Blah blah blah" Was all I heard from the teacher, Mr.Garrison. I was paying attention to something else. Well, it wasn't really a something, it was a person. It was Leo, whose name is also Butters. He has been acting sad all day and avoiding everyone. Hopefully whatever is going through his head isn't too serious.

After class, I walk up to Leo.

"Hey, buttercup!" He stood up and tried to leave, but I firmly grabbed his arm before he could.

"Oh, golly..." He murmured before having eye-contact with me.

"What's wrong? I've noticed you've been avoiding not only me, but everyone." A ashamed expression appeared on Butter's face.

"C'mon tell me! I swear if it was your dad I'll kill him."

"It wasn't my dad this time. I just... uh... woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." Butters put up a reassuring smile which made me calm down. Though, I knew it wasn't the real reason, I decided to just go along with it.

"Whatever. If you have time today, wanna walk home?"

"Sorry Ken, my dad wants me to clean the house today. And if I don't I'll get grounded again."

"You sure you don't want me to help?"

"If he sees someone helping me with my chores, he'll just think I'm slacking off and ground me extra." I shrug my shoulders.

"Fine, see you tomorrow I guess."

"Yeah! See ya!" He hugged me goodbye and ran off. I sigh and walk to my own home.

———————-
Butter's POV
———————-

It was hard. It was hard to lie to Kenny. But it was harder to do what I'm going to do right now. I wrote this note at a rapid speed.

"Butters time for bed! You better not try to stay up later or I WILL GROUND YOU!" Sorry dad. I took a human-sized doll which looked like me and tucked it into my blanket. I shut the lights and the door. I tiptoed to my window and got a rope made out of my baby blankets and old clothes. I took out a big sack from my closet. I climbed down carefully and ran. I ran and ran until I found the old building.

Finally, I reached the top of the building. I dropped my stuff then looked down nervously. I started to question myself.

Should I even do this? Why am I doing this?

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE!?" That comment got me out of my trance. People started to gather and and sirens were getting near and near. I could hear the panicked shouts of adults trying to convincing me to come down. Then, I see Kenny, and the rest.

"BUTTERS WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU DOING!?" I could hear Kyle say. Tears threaten to come out of my eyes. Most of all, I could see Kenny's horrified face. It made me want to just come down then hug him and comfort him.

"Don't do it son! You have too much to live for!" I glanced down and saw my parents.

"Oh my god, Butters!" Gee, standing over and looking down on this building is really making quite dizzy.

"Butters..." My dad took the megaphone from the cop.

"Butters whatever is troubling you, this isn't the answer! Look at all these people who've come out for you! Just come down now, son and we promise we won't ground you for more than a couple weeks!" I don't think this is the right time to ground somebody when they're about to jump off a building.

I sigh and stepped down.

"He's... He's coming down! Oh thank god!"

"No wait... What's he doing!?"

I trudged back up, then without hesitation, jumped.
_____________________________________________

*sob* *sniffle* *sob*

"It's ok, honey. At least he's in a better place." Mr. Scotch said in a attempt to comfort his wife who was sobbing uncontrollably the whole day.

After the funeral, the police officers were waiting at their car.

"Officers? What do you need?"

"Nothing. I just found something when we were inspecting your son's dead body before he was buried." He handed a note to them. The cops left without a word. Mr and Mrs. Scotch read the note:

Dear, everyone
Sorry I did a stunt like that. I just couldn't take it anymore. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Please forgive me. Sorry that I snuck out dad. Sorry that I wasn't good enough for you.
Love, Butters