(16) Confuseism

Majorine's POV
—————————————————-

I held my head in my hand as the teacher spoke. I felt like trash yesterday so now today, I'm sleepy, and in a bad mood. No matter how much I try to concentrate, my mind just dazes.

"Today, we'll work in groups of 3 or 2. And yes, you get to pick your group."

And as if a lever was pulled, the liveliness of the class had came back, in a loud way. The first thing I thought of as I stood up was asking Kenny to be my partner. I wanted to ask him about what happened on the night of the Winter Formal since I passed out.. For some reason.

I swerved the obstacles called people and tables as I came over to where Kenny was. He was just sitting by himself, just sitting there as if he was waiting for someone. Was he waiting for me?

"Hi, could'ya be my partner?" I ask, letting a little of my Butters tone slip in. He just nods as he pats the seat next to him. I do as instructed.

We sat in silence, other than the sounds of people talking. Soon, the teacher started passing out papers.

At that moment, I finally mustered up the courage to ask Kenny. "What happened on Winter Formal after I passed out?"

Kenny looked at me surprised. "Oh, after you passed out? You were asleep almost the whole time."

I nod, urging him to continue. "I stayed with you the entire time. I-You wouldn't want some person doing things to your unconscious body."

"Wait, the entire party? You stayed with me outside the entire time?"

Kenny scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "Well- No. I kind of just.. Carried you around the whole time." I blushed. He carried me!?

"Actually, just 22 minutes before the party ended, you woke up."

"Huh, I did? Sorry, I don't remember really anything."

Kenny nods understandingly. He slowly puts his hand over my hand, smiling softly at me. "Hey it's okay. You don't have to stress about it." I laugh, trying to walk off the fact that I can feel the same warm, gushy feeling like on the Winter Formal.

After a moment of silence, Kenny decides to continue, "Well, uh, after you woke up, you kinda were.." Kenny pauses then stares into my eyes. "..Intoxicated, it seems like."

"Hu..? But I didn't drink anything alcoholic or anything before or after the party." I say to myself.

And at that moment, the teacher clapped his hands to get our attention. "So, you might've seen some drunk kids during the Winter Formal." After the teacher said that, everyone started to murmur about it.

The teacher cleared her throat. "We have found out that some kids had spiked almost all the beverages at the dance. The kids who were taking care of each stall were probably in on it too."

I heard some gasps from some people when she had said that. Kenny was probably looking at me concern, but I couldn't tell because my head was hung low from realization.

I don't know why, but I could feel rage burning inside of me. I guess it because I literally passed out at a moment that has probably never happened in life. I decide to try to just not think much of it and calm down.

The teacher continues, "The principal says that we have security cameras around that area that could've spotted who the culprits are. If you were one of them, you better fess up. Maybe the consequences will be less harsh than the others." She had a sly smile as she waited for answer. But no one revealed themselves.

The teacher shrugged. "Anyway, back to your work. Chop chop!" She clapped her hands and as instructed, everyone did.

I glance back up at Kenny, who was, as predicted, looking at me worriedly. I wouldn't blame him.

We decided that we wouldn't talk about what happened on the dance and would do what we were told to do.

—————————————————-

I walked out the door of my classroom. I swear that class is going to stress me to death. I needed a breather.

Golly, I can't believe people can just go do whatever they want easily by just asking to go to the bathroom. But of course, you would have to come back either 5-10 minutes after or they might get suspicious.

Kenny told me about this trick in middle school, he did it a lot, even in elementary. I'm kinda surprised that the teachers were so blind to see that he was skipping his classes, or they just didn't care.

I let my mind drift, which I regretted because I bumped into someone soon after. The first thing I thought as I fell was How the heck did we collide paths in a empty hallway??

I hear the person who I bumped into yelp along with me. Luckily, I fell on my bottom. I then made sure that my skirt low enough, so that my private parts weren't showing.

"Sorry!" I said as I finally opened my eyes to see who was in front of me. Clyde Donovan.

"Marjorine?"

I grin shyly. "Yup, that's me!" I chirped, standing up.

I extended my hand out to help him up, which he took. He stares at me silently, as wanting to ask me something.

Clyde cleared his throat. "Marj... Why did you ditch me on the Winter Formal?" He asked, looking extremely hurt.

Oh shot, right, I didn't come back after getting his punch. "Uhh.."

I can't tell him that I ditched him for Kenny.. And so, I mustered out a lie, "I-I got lost in the crowd. I was g-going to ask y-you but you looked like you were having f-fun with your friends and I didn't want to be a b-bother."

Hamburgers! I hate how much I stutter when I fib. I hope Clyde doesn't notice and just thinks I'm a shy gal.

Clyde's eyes widen at the realization. "Really? God, I'm so sorry! I forgot you were new here!" I mean, I was technically new 2 months ago, but who's counting?

I let out a small giggle at the brunette's panicking. As I did, I noticed something change within Clyde. I swear, that fella's eyes sparkled.

And I knew I was right when suddenly, Clyde stood confidently in front of me and asked, "Shall I have the honor to walk you back to your class?"

Not wanting to seem rude, I allowed him to walk me back to my class. We chatted about other topics before departing.

And when I tell you that this feller had a whole entire personality change, I'm not kidding. Really, I'm not.

Clyde started acting more like.. what a jock would act like in one of those Disney movies. Or more put simply, acted like the episode where he was chosen as the #1 cutest, hottest, or whatever boy by the girls.

But anyway, I'm glad I got to sort out my problems with Clyde and a little with Kenny. I feel like some of the weight on my back has been taken off.