(26) Hospital Visit

[Kenny's POV]
.

.

.

"Wendy, wait up!," I manage to stifle out as I chased Wendy to the hospital. Wendy didn't answer but just kept on running.

My legs were starting fail me as I gasp for air. I usually wasn't the 'athletic' type of guy, only when I wanted to be at least.

Soon, the figure of the hospital came into vision, giving me a feeling of relief. Wendy ran in.

"Excuse me, is there a boy named Stan Marsh here?"

The nurse nods and types onto her computer. After a few seconds of silence, she tells Wendy what room and what floor he was in.

"Please don't run in the halls ma'am!," The nurse informs, and Wendy slowed her pace accordingly.

————

After what felt like waiting forever in the elevator, Wendy and I finally reached our floor. We stepped out and roamed the halls, looking for Stan's room.

Wendy cried quietly as we did, making the tension in the atmosphere worse. To be honest, ever since she hooked up with me, I thought Wendy didn't even give two shits about Stan anymore.

I guess I was wrong.

The two of us turned a corner and there we saw Kyle. He smiles at us weakly.

Wendy sniffles. "Is Stan okay?"

"The nurse hasn't come out with his results yet, but I'm sure he'll be fine," Kyle notifies, but looks unsure. Really unsure.

"Also Cartman said he was coming in like, 30 minutes or so.."

I scoff. "Wow, the fatass can't even make time for his friend."

Kyle gives me a look. "It's really not the time, dude."

"Sorry.," I mutter quietly as I sit down on a chair nearby.

There wasn't much people around other than a little girl and her dad, and some nurses walking past time to time. I felt like this was going to take forever..

.

.

.

"Are you kids waiting for Stan Marsh?"

We looked to our right, seeing the doctor who had came out of Stan's room. And of course, the doctor was Asian.

"Yes!," Kyle and Wendy answered in unison. "Is he okay?"

"Yes, his vitals are doing okay now. You guys can check on him one by one, okay?"

We don't question exactly why we had to go one by one. At least we got to visit him.

Kyle then asks,"Miss, when will Stan be able to come home?"

"He'll be able to come home in a day or so. Stan needs to rest, so try not to bother him."

I stood up. "I'll go first." I felt that I had to go first since I was sitting in the chair nearest to his room.