(21) The Apologies

I tie paper around my arm as I stared at myself blankly in the women's bathroom. I winced from every movement I made

I guess life as Majorine has been.. easier. I've been able to be myself more, which was enjoyable while it lasted.

Though when I had to change for PE, it's quite difficult to try to hide the bulge in my underwear while trying not to look at the other girls. That's probably the hardest part of being a girl.

I take a glance at myself once more. I then put my hand on my head, feeling the place when a rock got thrown at me.

I've got a lot of scars, some inflicted by others, or myself. My mom told me to think of them as battle scars, both mental and physical. Because that is what makes me, me.

Why? Why do I do things like these to myself?

I shook my head. I then looked at the time, and immediately realized class was about to end. Shit.

I quickly exit out of the bathroom and run back to my class. When I came in, everyone was on their computers, doing their work quietly. The teacher hasn't noticed me coming in, so I swiftly snuck to my desk before she could realize.

*BRIIIIINGGGGGG!*

And just as quick as I came in, I grab my stuff and made my way out of class. It was lunchtime by the way, so I followed everyone to the cafeteria to get my food.

I fell in line to get lunch. "Hey." I look behind me to see Kenny. I wave back.

"...Are you going to sit with us today?"

I shrug. "Depends."

Kenny frowns. "Can you not make your own choices now because of Cartman?" He inquired. I answer in a monotone voice, "No."

I hear Kenny sigh. "Okay. Well, if you need me I'll be with my 'dudes'." Before I knew it, we had already gotten our food and out of the lunch line.

Someone taps me on the shoulder. "Come on slowpoke." Eric spoke then walked away. I followed behind him.

It didn't take long for me to realize that we were heading towards the table that Kenny was in. I glanced at Eric, who had a smug smile on his face.

"Heeey guys! Did you miss me?" Cartman declared, waddling over to them. Everyone looked at him, unamused and said "no".

Stan growled, "Did you really have to come when I invite my girlfriend over sit with us?" I look over Eric's shoulder, seeing Wendy sitting there.

Wendy notices me, wearing a sympathetic look. She sat at the other side of the table with Kyle and Stan while Kenny sat alone.

Eric nudged me. "Go sit with your boyfriend or whatever." He said, I could hear a bit of hurt in his voice but decide to ignore it.

I sat next to Kenny, receiving another wave from him again. "Soo, I'm like, your boyfriend now?" He asked teasingly, placing his head on his hand while giving me a playful look.

I immediately deny it, "Of course not...!" Kenny chuckles at my reaction.

Kenny and I chatted while we ate, though it was a bit awkward more awkward than usual since... you know. The argument.

I didn't know whether I should apologize or not. I didn't know if it was the right time to.

And suddenly, I feel someone tap my arm. I look in front of me, seeing a distressed Wendy.