(23) (pt.2) Detective Majorine

(A DAY AFTER PART 1)

"I get that they're secretive over their favorite dude, Stan.." He mutters to himself, pacing around.

Kenny sighs frustratedly. "Fate just has to make my life harder."

"Uhm, Kyle said that he wanted me to tell you to ask him himself." I reminded as a attempt to comfort him.

"I know."

"And Wendy says she doesn't have enough trust in me to tell me."

"Right."

"So then.. what do we do now?"

Kenny thought to himself for a moment while I just looked at him intently. I rub my knuckles together nervously.

I wondered why he wanted to know so bad. Couldn't he just ask Stan himself?

Maybe Stan just didn't want to talk about it with Kenny.. And that's why he wants me to ask the people close to him: Wendy and Kyle.

Even so, why would he ask me? Couldn't he ask Cartman, or someone else? There were so much questions running through my mind.

"Kenny..?"

"Yeah?"

I glance at him anxiously. "I uh.." I stuttered out. "Why do you want to know these things about Stan in the first place?" I inquire.

Kenny looked surprised, almost offended, at my question. "I'm just concerned for him.." He fibs, at least, I think he did.

"You sure?"

"Pretty sure." He answers.

"C'mon Kenny.." I say, my inner 'Cartman' unknowingly coming out. "I'm super trustworthy. You can tell me anything, I'll keep my mouth shut."

Kenny hesitates. "It's.. It's a long story. Here- I'll just show you." He takes out his phone and shows me a series of messages between him and a mysterious person.
(he skipped through a few certain messages btw)

A sinking feeling was brought into my stomach as I read each and every message.

Who.. Who was this person..? There's no way this person knew my actual identity, right?

I started to hyperventilate. Other than Eric, who else could've known? Jimmy? Bebe?

"Marjorine?" Kenny called out. "Are you done reading? My hand's getting tired."

"Y-Yeah.." I reply, trying to conceal the panic within me.

"Kay."

Oh golly, oh hamburgers, what should I do? If I let him do whatever this mysterious person asks until the end, I'm totally done for.

No! In this life, I am not Butters. Butters is a loser kid whose parents didn't love. I'm Marjorine Liapald Scatch!... And I definitely have to change my name in the future.. If I don't get found out and completely ridiculed after.

So, no. I won't lose so easily like this. Maybe I could convince him to get out of it? It's worth a try.

"Erm, by the way.. w-why do you to know the whereabouts about this.. B-Butters fella?" I query, making Kenny cock a eyebrow.

"It's.. none of your business." He answered coldly, his words piercing my heart.

No, I can't..

"Why not??"

"You wouldn't understand." He muffles out. "It's hard to explain."

I stood there silently. Why..? What-Who is behind this?

At this point, I shouldn't continue helping him, right? It should be the obvious thing to do, but it would be kinda mean.

If Eric were here, he would tell me to stop being a pussy. And maybe, just this once, he was right. This was for saving my own butt anyway.

"Uhm Kenny.." I stammer before getting interrupted by him.

"I've got it! How about you hang out with Wendy until you guys are buddy-buddy enough to tell each other secrets."

I look at him questioningly. "I'm not sure that's going to work in less than a week tho.." I told him, causing him to frown.

Come on Leo, stop being a pussy and just tell him.

"Kenny, about this.. I want out."

Kenny stared at me for a second, processing what I was saying. "Oh."

I stare back at him.

"I guess that's okay."

Well, that wasn't as bad as I thought.

"It's not because I didn't want to tell you that one thing earlier, right?"

"Yes..?"

He shrugs, "Good."

It's as if.. he doesn't care? I mean, it's not like- I care either... But..

"I hope you understand." I say nervously.

"I wasn't going to force you so.. It's all good."

I feel.. somewhat offended.

"Y-Yeah.." I stutter out nervously. "I'm going to go now."

He nods. I just nod back as I walk away.

Well, that's that. I did it. I just saved my own ass.

Playing Detective was fun while it lasted.

________________________
Kenny POV 🫨🫨
________________________

I watched the short blonde walk away, feeling a sense of loneliness.

Well, it's a good thing I always have a plan B.

Marjorine seemed.. quite unnerved when I showed her the texts. I wonder what was on her mind.

It's wasn't my business anyway.I should focus on the main mission.

Damn, I feel like I'm in a video game.

I quickly swept the thought under the rug and take out my tacky phone. I call up Wendy.

She quickly picks up. "What do you want?" She asks snarkily.

"Woah, chill out. I didn't even say anything yet."

"Yeah, I don't want you to say anything at all."

Not to break the 4th wall or anything, but you might be wondering why Wendy seems like she hates me. Let's just say, me and her did something that she deeply regrets.

It's between us, but I'm sure the author will tell you all in the next chapter anyway.
(what the heck man, why you tell spoilers)

"I just want to talk to you real quick. After school, just us."

I hear her sigh. "You better not try anything. I mean it." Wendy says as she hung up.

I'm pretty sure that was a yes.

I glance at my phone again, blankly. This better be worth it.

________________________

hey hey.

im not going to lie to y'all, but im kinda losing interest to continue the book.
i am still going to post chapters, just not as much.
I'll try to finish the book. Idk.
thanks for da support. :D