(30) Picture Day (not rlly)

(A few days after the last chapter..)

.

.

.

"Di di di, da di da doe doe..," Marjorine hummed quietly as she typed consistently typed the same letter onto her computer out of boredom.

"What song are you singing?," Wendy, who sat in front her, asked.

"Hamster song."

"Oh.. cool," Wendy replied, not really knowing what to say to that.

To be honest, Wendy thought that these actions were a bit childish. Still, it felt somewhat refreshing to see someone still able to act like they were still a little kid at times.

She laughed quietly to herself.

"Hey Marj, you done with your parts yet?"

"Nuh-uh. Still gotta finish 2 more."

Wendy sighed. "Alright.."

For context, the two were working in the library on a project from an elective they both had. Why? Well, not because they were 'nerds' (as people may say).. Only because Cartman had suggested Marjorine to ask Wendy to a studying session, just the two of them, to work on her 'girly girl-ness.'

But, it would've been easier if Marjorine was good at talking with girls..

Marjorine constantly glanced at her computer then at Wendy nervously. She wanted to start a conversation of some sort, but what kind?

Wendy soon noticed the blonde's distraught expression, then asked with concern,"Are you having a hard time on your parts Marj? I could help you if you want."

"No!.. No, I'm fine," she quickly sputtered out, making Wendy cock an eyebrow.

"Are you sure?"

"Y-Yes.."

This was getting very awkward.

A thing that was also occupying her mind, which did not help with her stressing, was this mysterious person that Kenny has been talking to lately. Marjorine feared that Kenny could actually succeed and her identity gets revealed.

If Kenny did succeed, she would be the laughing stock of the school. Not only that, but her parents would probably find out and ground her for life, or worse...

Just thinking about it made Marjorine's heart stop.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

Marjorine nodded, trying to keep her cool. Wendy looked at her suspiciously.

"Is it those boys?"

"What boys?"

"You know..," Wendy started, wearing a worried look. "Stan and his little friend group. I see that you hang out with them a lot."

"I know they can be a little much. Trust me, I know what it's like. I went to elementary and middle school with them."

Marjorine nodded understandingly once more as if she hadn't known them herself. "It's.. something else.."

Wendy stared at Marjorine for a moment before making a shocked expression. "It's about Kenny, isn't it?"

"Wh-Wha..?," Marjorine murmured in surprise. Did Wendy know as well..?

"You like him, don't you?"

"Wait what?"

Oh, I guess not. It was just Marjorine's overthinking. Such a goofy little goober.