chapter twelve

"yo buck,oh hey Y/N!" Steve said,as he literally smashed the door open. As soon as bucky heard steve,he jumped back on the sofa and grabbed a pillow to make it look like nothing was happening. Of course steve was too dumb to see that,his head still lived in the 40s. "Well guys,were throwing a little party on tony's wishes upstairs,wanna join?" he asked you,leaning against the wall. "comming." bucky answered,giving you a sort of 'badass' look. "i'll be there in a sec." you said. When steve walked out the door,bucky waited a few seconds till he was far gone,and looked back to you. "cya,doll." He said,scratching his chin while giving you a little smirk.

what had just happend? what was about ro happen? why did steve had to come in?
thoughts were running trough your head,you were shocked about the situation.
-
Did Bucky barnes just try to kiss me? you thought,but you would've enjoyed it. You thought that you knew now what the feeling meant,that one feeling in your stomach when you held eye contact. Where you in love? you always tried to avoid this kind of tought,as bucky was never really your type. Maybe he was,maybe you just convinced yourself to not like him.

About 10 minutes later,you decided to join the 'party',a little fun with everyone,not just bucky couldn't hurt you. When you came up there,you got greeted by Nat and bruce. "Gosh how drank is she?" you jokingly asked everyone,throwing your arm around nat's shoulder,leading her to the couch. "Y/N,can i get you a drink?" Clint asked,handing you a glass of whiskey. "thanks,bow."you answered. You always called clint "bow",as it kinda got to be your guys' nickname.

You talked to clint a little bit,about the mission,about his powers,acutally everything. While clint talked to you,you didn't really listen. You were busy by glancing over to bucky all the time,who stood in the other corner of the room talking to tony. He did the same,in fact he was kinda jealous. Bucky was a super jealous person,he knew that clint wouldn't "steal" you or anything,but he just didn't like the tought of you with someone other than him.

All of sudden you got a phone call saying it's from your mom,and as you didn't drank much and it's your mom you answered it. "Hey,honey.." Your mom said,And you could already hear that something was wrong from only these words. Her voice cracked,and you swore you could see a tear running down her cheak trough the phone. "everything alright?" you curiously asked her,turning your back at clint to hear more. "Well.. it's your grandfather.. he.." Your mom kept talking.
That was the moment the world around you went quiet. You knew what she was going to say,And you dropped your phone to the ground. "everything good.?" clint asked,and as he said these words,you just broke down to your knees.

"Y/N!!" Bucky shouted from the other side,running over to you. He crouched down next to you,looking you in the eyes. He only needed to look at you,and remember what you had done to him that one night,He didn't wait and just threw both of his arms tight around you,hugging you as much as possible. Everyone else in the room went quiet,probably because they were either drunk or totally in shock of what was happening. Bucky's real arm slid from your back to the back of your head,rubbing it gently. You started tearing up,as you just couldn't stand the pain anymore. You loved your grandpa more than anything,you spend your childhood with him,and now you didn't even had time to say goodbye.

Bucky picked you up,putting one of his arms under your legs and one under your back. "It's okay love,i'm here." He whispered,carrying you to your room. Meanwhile bucky took care of you,Tony started talking. "alright the party is over guys,take care of Y/N." everyone got into their room,knowing you would need a little bit time. Bucky layed you down on your bed,where you sat in a 'sitting' position at your pillows. Before bucky tried to leave the room,he took a strand of your hair and put it behind your hear,whispering "it's okay,love." while staring into your beautiful eyes.

He wiped away a tear falling down your cheak,and then he wanted to leave the room. He already turned around,when suddenly you grabbed his hand,whispering "please don't." He turned back,looking at you. You pointed next to you to your bed,And bucky sat down next to you. He put one arm around you,when you layed your head down on his shoulder. Bucky felt that he could comfort you,he felt that you felt safe around him. Bucky didn't close his eyes until you fell asleep. "Goodnight,dear." he whispered into your ear,giving you a kiss on your forehead.
The both of you just layed there hugging,eachother's presence made you happy enough.