𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

The second day of school starts differently than the first. While you are still getting a little more used to your surroundings, you manage to find your class, with a little bit of directional help from a teacher, but you're still proud of yourself.

When you get to class, you find that all the desks are taken, except one in the back, next to where Bakugo is seated. With a smile, you walk to the back of the classroom, walking over and sitting beside him, setting your things down beside you.

"What do you think you're doing?" He growls, glaring at you, wearing an expression similar to a dog baring its teeth.

"Uh, sitting?" You reply in an unbothered tone, which pisses him off even more. "I know that! Why are you sitting next to me?"'

"Because none of the other seats are open, and you're the only person I know in this class. Sorry if you have a problem with that, but it's not like I can ask anyone to move." You seem so nonchalant that it almost throws him off a bit.

Most people's reaction to his behavior is either fear, anger, or occasional reverence. But nothing like this. It seems like you've dealt with him a thousand times before, and you're...used to it.

Not that he cares what you think or feel about him. It doesn't matter. Because he's the best, and he knows it. 

He doesn't care that you laughed the first time you saw him, and he doesn't care about how pretty or nice you might seem. You're below him, and he's better than you. He does my need to waste his time paying attention to you.

"Bakugo? Hello?" You ask, pulling him out of his thoughts and causing him to focus back on you.

"What?!" He snaps, and you don't move a muscle, which pisses him off even more. "I was just going to ask if you think this class is hard. I'm horrible with math so.."

"I don't know, maybe? It shouldn't be that hard if you're not a dumbass." Bakugo mumbles, and before you two can continue your conversation, the teacher walks in, interrupting you.

It doesn't take long until class starts, and you manage to shut up, mostly, except for the few comments or brief conversation you make here and there. Still, you pay attention when something important is getting explained, and you focus, and even participate, raising your hand when you know or think you know the answer.

But still, Bakugo finds you extremely annoying. So it's a surprise when he sees you sitting at the table he normally is sitting at, right between Kirishima and Kaminari.

What the hell? There's no way he's going to let you sit with him. It's already enough of a struggle to sit with those other dumbasses as it is, and having you join him would be so much worse.

"Oi, shitty hair. Let's go talk in private for a second." Bakugo orders, making Kirishima apologize to you and reluctantly step away.

"Why is she sitting here with us?" Bakugo growls, looking over his shoulder at you, while you don't even notice, continuing to converse with Kaminari and Sero. 

"Because she's our friend? I don't get what you're asking." Kirishima says, playing innocent and pissing Bakugo off even more. "She's not 'our friend' she's yours. I don't even know this extra, and she honestly seems very annoying,"

"Bro, you gotta give people chances. She's new here. It's not like she's going to follow us around everywhere, and maybe if you got to know her, you would like her. I mean, the other guys do. Sorry man, but she's staying."

Bakugo's eyes narrow as he glares at Kirishima, and he lets out an irritated huff. That dumbass is up to something. If Bakugo didn't know any better, he would probably snap at him and go after how he's just being nice to you so he can fuck you on the side.

Not only would that cause a fight and a rift between the two boys, but it would also be untrue. Kirishima is painfully loyal, and he would never do anything like that, the fucking simp.

Bakugo also wouldn't want to get in a fight in the cafeteria. Even though he knows he would probably win, the last thing Bakugo needs is to get detention. He's done well holding back his anger, and he'd be damned if he gets any marks on his record during his last year, especially not over something as stupid and petty as this.

So, he manages to suck it up and let it go....for now. Letting out a long sigh, he relaxes, with a simple frown on his face, much calmer than once before. "Fine."

--

"Do you think they're talking about me?" You murmur to Kaminari and Sero, watching Kirishima and Bakugo's conversation from across the cafeteria.

"What? Why would they be talking about you?" Kaminari asks cluelessly, as he continues to scarf down his food. "I dunno, maybe because Bakugo doesn't like me that much? He probably doesn't even want me here. Not that I care."

"Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried about that. Bakugo doesn't like anyone, so even if he doesn't want you here, we do. And that's what matters." Sero tells you with a wink and a grin.

You smile back, feeling your cheeks warm from his words. "Awww, thanks Sero."

Before you could continue your conversation, a boy walked up to the table, seeming nervous. "Hey, (y/n), I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me this weekend? Or..whenever."

"Thanks, but, I'm not looking to date anyone right now..sorry." You say, unable to keep eye contact with him. Everyone's completely silent, not speaking until he's out of earshot.

"Damn, that was brutal," Kaminari mumbles, only making you feel worse about the whole situation.

"Ugh, I know. But if he asks me out in front of everyone like that, he has to be prepared for it. That's like the third guy today." You groan, hiding your face in your hands.

"Hey, we're back! What's going on?" Kirishima asks, sitting down beside you while Bakugo sits across. "Not much, (y/n)'s just rejecting guys left and right here."

"Shut up." You roll your eyes, elbowing Kaminari, causing him to let out an overdramatic cry of pain. "Why are there so many guys asking you out right now, (y/n)? Not that you're not attractive or anything, but this is kinda crazy."

You sigh, taking another bite of your food. "It's because I'm foreign, I think. I'm sure guys are curious about that kind of thing and they want to try something new, so they ask me out. But, I don't want to date someone for something as stupid as that."

"Why would you want to date someone? Just asking for...research purpose-"

"Do you have to flirt with everything that breathes? God, dunceface!" Bakugo yells, interrupting Kaminari. You watch as their argument pursues, entertained by the fight.

So, these are your new friends...maybe this school isn't so bad, after all.