𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐔𝐩

With a sigh, you stare down at Kaminari's contact, rereading all the texts that you ignored. You can't help but feel guilty. You know he didn't mean it and you overreacted.

Kaminari used to be one of your best friends. He and Jirou were the first two you would go to when you had problems. Well, Jirou was the first but Kaminari always knew how to cheer you up.

You're a lot closer with Bakugo and Kirishima now, which is fine, they're great too, but you miss Kaminari. He's such a dumbass, but you love him all the same. And you don't want to lose him or have any more of this stupid awkward tension.

So, today you finally call him up.

You lay back on your bed, keeping your phone pressed against your ear, listening to the droning ring. Four rings, and then it stops. You're expecting his voicemail, but then you hear him.

"(Y/n)?" He asks, making you realize he picked up. "Hey, Kamin-"

"Oh my god, you actually called me. I'm so sorry, (y/n). I fucked up and I never should've said that." He rambled, cutting you off.

"Stop, stop. It's okay, I'm over it. You've apologized for more than enough, and I know you didn't mean it. I overreacted and I've been a complete bitch to you. I'm sorry for ghosting and ignoring you. The truth is, you're one of my best friends, and I don't want to lose you. Not over something as stupid as this."

You hear him sigh in relief on the other line. "I don't want to lose you either. I missed you. I missed hearing your voice."

"I missed you too, Kami." You admit, smiling to yourself. "Do you want to FaceTime?"

"Sure."

--

A solid hour passes, which you and Kaminari spend catching up on everything you missed. Kirishima's break up, Bakugo almost kissing you, everything.

"What? So he just pulled away when the other guys came in? What a pussy." Kaminari remarks, making you snort.

"I know right? That's what I'm saying. Anyways, I just told him that I don't want things to be weird between us or whatever, so we didn't kiss." You explain.

"Man, he missed out on the opportunity of a lifetime, and he's the one calling me a dunce." You giggle at that.

"(Y/n)? There's something else I've been wanting to talk about. So, uh, I know why we haven't been talking, but I kinda noticed that you were being distant even before I said that stupid thing. Was there something else that I did?"

You take a deep breath. You knew that sooner or later, you'd have to address this. But why now? When things are going so well?

"So, uh, do you remember that night Kirishima, Mina, Bakugo, and you and I went to that club and did karaoke?" You start.

"Yeah, kind of. I was so drunk that night, god. I remember the beginning, and then there are bits and pieces here and there. I remember a bit of the Karaoke, and I think I was singing and you guys were laughing. Then I remember you and Bakugo taking me home, and you lying in bed with me, and the next thing I know, I'm awake the next morning with a horrible hangover."

"Okay so, when we were lying together, you kinda confessed your love to me. You said you  loved me- in a romantic way and that you wanted to marry me and have kids, and that you want to kiss me." You confess, trying to get it all out in the open.

Kaminari groans, hiding his face in his hands. "Oh fuck. I said all of that? I'm sorry, I can't imagine how uncomfortable you felt."

"Yeah, well, I mean, you were pretty drunk, but drunk words are sober thoughts so...I should've told you sooner, but I didn't want to make things awkward." You say with a nervous grin.

"I get that, but next time just tell me if I say stupid shit like that. It'll be easier than just having me guess." He tells you.

"Yeah, I know. But anyways, I know you were drunk, but did you mean anything you said?" You can't help but ask.

"Probably some of it. But everyone has at least one romantic thought about their best friend, even if they don't want to. I know guys do. And you know I think you're super pretty, so...But I know you probably want to stay friends, and I want to too." He admits.

"Okay, cool." You nod, taking a deep breath. It feels like a big weight has been lifted off your chest, and things can finally start getting back to normal.

"So, what now?" He asks, a bored look on his face. "Uh, wanna watch a movie? I can stream it on Discord or something."

"Sure. That sounds fun. Let's do it." Kaminari's expression changes from bored to excited in a heartbeat, and you grin back at him.

"What do you want to watch?" You boot up your laptop and logging into discord. You wait for Kaminari's response, and he goes quiet for a solid couple of minutes., besides some "uhs" and "uhmms."

It feels like when you ask Patrick from SpongeBob a question. It's something simple, and it shouldn't take him a million years to decide, but Kaminari can't help but hesitate.

"Oh, I got it! Let's watch Shrek." He finally says, after a solid five minutes of hesitation. Thank god he answered because you felt like banging your head against the wall as Squidward does with the cash register.

"Alright, let me just pull it up and call you back on discord."

--

Soon enough, the two of you are watching Shrek together, and having a great time. It's getting late, and you feel half awake watching it.

"You know what we should do?" Kaminari's voice rings in your ears, forcing you awake. "Hmm?"

"We should have a sleepover together, it would be super fun. You and me watching movies, binging on candy, playing games, whatever." He offers.

"That does sound fun, but my brother would kill me if you slept over here, or if he found out I was sleeping over at your place." You say.

"Yeah but I wanna hang out with youuuu, c'monnn." He begs, and you smirk at him, rolling your eyes. "Alright, alright. Let's just figure it out later."

And so, you and Kaminari continued watching the movie, until you inevitably drifted off to sleep.