Jealousy Jealousy

Adrien kept his eyes on Marinette, briefly questioning why his heart felt like it would burst from his chest every time he saw her.

"Did you come to listen to Luka?" Chloe teased, forcing him to look away from Marinette.

"No. I didn't know he was going to be here." If Adrien had known the guitarist was going to be at his favorite coffee shop, he wouldn't have come.

"He was great though, wasn't he?" Pink filled Marinette's cheeks.

We're they back together? For a moment on the London Eye, Adrien had thought... It didn't matter. Clearly, it didn't if Marinette was showing up to her ex's gig.

Luka made his way over to them. He grabbed Marinette in a hug. "I wasn't sure you were going to make it."

"I got held up," she said. "But I made it for the most important part."

Luka's smile temporarily froze. "I'm sorry," he whispered, although Adrien could still hear him. "I didn't know you were coming. I should have asked."

"No, no. It's fine," Marinette said quickly. "We agreed the past is past."

We're they talking about the song? The one about the girl with blue eyes... Oh. Luka had written that song about Marinette!

Adrien could see now why she'd been interested in him. He didn't go in much sentimental trifles, but it worked wonders on girls—Marinette in particular, judging from her current expression.

Broken up or not, the two looked natural together with Luka's arm still around her.

Adrien looked at the counter, feeling blood rush to his face. Why was he angry? Marinette was just his friend.

"I almost forgot. I meant to give this to you earlier."

Adrien looked over just in time to see Marinette present Luka with a handmade hat. His stomach twisted into a knot.

"It's even better than the last one you gave me," he exclaimed, placing it on his head.

"My crochet skills have gotten better in the past year," Marinette laughed.

"You're always looking for independently sourced things, aren't you, Adrien?" Chloe interrupted their private conversation.

Adrien was constantly finding new reasons to be thankful he had Chloe for a friend. She had always been good at reading him, even when he acted like everything was okay. Chloe must have known this situation made him uncomfortable.

"I'm sure you could find something similar in one of those boutiques you guys like," Luka said.

It was impossible to miss the inflection he used on you guys as if they didn't belong around Marinette.

"Or maybe Marinette could teach you how to make one," he continued, staring straight at Chloe. "It's not that hard to learn."

"Luka." She elbowed him, clearly embarrassed at his rudeness. "I can make you one, Adrien." She met his eyes. "If you want?"

"Sure," he said through gritted teeth. Luka had a way of getting under his skin.

"So," she said. "How did you two meet?"

He heard Chloe groan quietly. The downside to Marinette being a new friend was that she didn't know their history.

"We were roommates freshman year," Adrien told her.

Luka grunted at him.

"Wait, no way!" Marinette clearly didn't know how much they despised one another.