2. The Dinner

Adrien's POV

I walked down the stairs and saw my mom waiting for me " hey honey! How'd you sleep?"
"Awesome"
"That's good, what time did you get home last night?"
I thought for a moment, I had just woken up and my brain was foggy " uhh....about 2?"
"That's late! What about Marinette? Did she make it home safely?"
I just then remembered that my mom didn't know Marinette stayed the night. She was still upstairs sleeping, and from being friends for so long, I knew it wasn't a good idea to wake her up. "She actually stayed the night"
"Oh! Lovely!" My mom said overjoyed
She loved Marinette and was always happy when she stayed over or hung out. "I'll have to make an amazing breakfast!" She said while walking to the kitchen excited to make breakfast for us.
I looked at the time, it was 6am and I knew Marinette had to be in her office by 11. I figured I'd let her sleep until my mom was finished with breakfast. I took this time to get myself ready and by the time I was done, my mom was calling me saying "breakfast!"
I went into my room and saw Marinette still fast asleep in bed. I braced myself and walked to her. "Marinette?" I quietly said trying not to make her mad.
After trying this 5 more times I shook her a bit "Marinette!"
I knew she was awake when she groaned and rubbed her eyes. " what" she said in a stern voice.
"Breakfast is ready"
She groaned even more " ok"
"Come on"
She turned over "nah"
I placed my hand on her arm and dragged her out of bed, I knew this was the only way to get her out of bed. She fell onto the floor making a loud crash. "Ow!" She brought her hand up to her head and rubbed it. "Why the heck would you do that?!"
"Come on"
I pulled her up off the floor "let's go, my mom's waiting for us!"
"Fine" she said while glaring at me for waking her up. Then she turned away from me and walked out the door. I followed her knowing that I'd made her mad and once I caught up with her I said "sorry if I made you mad but you know that's the only way to wake you up." I  nudged her side making her almost fall down the stairs. As we got closer to the dining room the smell of pancakes filled our noses. Marinette instantly perked up and started walking a little faster to get to the food. We entered the dining room and saw my mom placing plates of food on the table, it looked so good. Marinette must've thought so too because she quickly sat down while smiling at my mom and saying "Thank you!"
I sat down by her " Thanks mom, this looks really good."
"Your welcome you 2, eat up"
I picked up my fork and began plopping bites of food in my mouth, it was just as good as it looked. After a couple bites I felt off, like something was missing. I stopped eating and looked around the table "is everything alright?" Marinette said while looking at me.
"Yea I'm fine"
I continued looking around the table and noticed my dad's seat was empty. I turned to my mom" where's dad?" I said in confusion
I was used to him being busy but never on a Friday, this was his day off. "He's in his room, a new season to his favorite Tv show just came out so I don't think we'll be seeing him for a while."
"Oh, which one?"
" The fashion Carpet"
Suddenly, Marinette spoke " is it the one where they make dresses and clothes out of random pieces of leftover fabric?"
"Yea, I think that's the one"
"Oh! I love that show!"  Marinette said happily
I began eating my food again, I thought it was kind of weird to watch shows on fashion. Maybe it was because I did fashion on Tv for a living?
After breakfast Marinette had to leave so I said goodbye and went back to my room, I played video games for most of the day.

Marinette's POV

After I left Adriens house I went back home to get into some new clothes. It was 10am and I had one hour left before I had to go to work. I didn't have anything to do, it was unusual but true. I had absolutely nothing to do, no designing, no work, nothing. I decided to just play on my phone in the time I had.

At the end of the day, I came home and fell on my couch. I was planning to order food and watch Tv for the rest of the night, but that was interrupted as my mom called me saying "The Agreste's just invited us to dinner! Be there at 6 and wear something nice."
To be honest I didn't really understand why they were inviting us to dinner because I was just over there earlier but I knew I had to find something to wear. I got up from my couch and walked to my room to find something to wear, it was 5 so I had plenty of time. I tried on a couple different things, and settled for some ripped skinny jeans with a black shirt.

 I tried on a couple different things, and settled for some ripped skinny jeans with a black shirt

I put on a watch and a brown crossbody bag for accessories. I left my hair down and curly, and by the time I was done, it was time to go. I put on some flesh colored heals and left.
When I got there, I saw my parents car and went inside. It smelt really good and At that moment, I was really happy I didn't order food.
I saw Gabriel walk out of the dining room and approach me. "Hello Marinette"
"Hello"
"Dinner isn't quite done so you can go hang out with Adrien, he's in his room"
"Ok"
I began walking up the stairs to Adriens room, as I got closer to the door I heard his controller clicking furiously. I walked in and saw him infront of his Tv playing an intense match of ultimate mega strike. "Hey" I said
He startled and looked to me"oh, hey Marinette"
He grabbed another controller and offered it to me "wanna play?"
"Sure"
I set down my bag on his bed and walked towards him. I took the controller and sat down by him, he connected the controller to the Tv while we made bets like "I bet you can't get to level 4"
We played video games for about 30 minutes until we heard Gabriel calling us downstairs for dinner. "Coming!" Adrien yelled
We finished our match and put up the game before we headed downstairs to eat. We sat at the table and looked at the delicious stake infront of us. It looked so good, I wanted to just start eating, but I knew I had to wait for everyone else.
Once everyone was sat down I started eating, it was amazing. I wondered how someone could possibly cook such good food!

Adrien's POV

The food was awesome, typical for my parents, they were great at cooking. Although I suspected that Marinettes parents might have helped. I was really enjoying my food when I heard my dad's voice, I looked up. "We have to tell you guys something"
I was confused, my parents never warned me about this? And I couldn't think of anything that was going on in our lives. I looked at Marinette who looked just as confused as I was. She looked at my dad with one eyebrow raised"ok..." she said in an unsure voice.
I looked at my dad, waiting for him to tell, it was probably something I already knew about. My parents didn't really keep things from me so I figured I'd just forgotten. " We've been planning this for a while and now we think your finally old enough." Marinettes dad told us.
I definitely didn't know about this.
"Marinette, Adrien, your getting married."

————————————————————————

Sorry for the short chapter guys! I really love writing so I'll be working on the next one and it might be out by tonight! Also please feel free to leave comments down below, constructive criticism makes my writing better!
-The Author