7. Confessing

(Btw the picture is what the ring looked like)
——————————————————————

Marinette's POV

I sat on the couch and played some music to calm myself down. I heard my phone ringing and looked at it, it was Adrien. I knew he must've been worried but I didn't care, I needed to focus on something else so I turned my phone off. I grabbed the remote and turned on one of my favorite shows to try and take my mind off it. I ended up falling asleep and when I woke up it was 4am. I looked down at myself and realized I was still in my clothes, I went to my room and changed into some pajamas, after I was changed into some comfy clothes I laid in bed, it didn't take long for me to fall back asleep.
When I woke up again, it was 10am. I didn't care, I looked at my phone and saw 30 missed calls from Adrien. He must've been more worried then I thought, I called him and he instantly answered, " finally! Marinette, I was so worried! Are you ok? Are you mad at me? I'm so sorry if I made you mad with the dinner and all. Super super sorry, I promise that I'll never kiss you again or do anything to make you mad. I promise!"
I stopped him " Adrien I'm not mad at you, I was mad at myself last night and just needed some alone time. Your good"
"Oh"
We sat on the phone silent for a moment and I thought of how worried he had become, was he really that scared to loose me? Then I felt sad, lonely, I didn't know why, I just missed him all of a sudden.
"Hey Adrien?" I asked breaking the silence.
"Yeah?"
"D-do you think you could come over?"
"What? But you literally told me to leave last night."
"I know but i'm just...lonley at the moment."
"Lonley? Since when were you lonley?"
"Gosh darn it Adrien how obvious does it have to be?! I miss you!!" I yelled getting frustrated.
"Oh...ok, I'll be over in a bit"
"Ok" Then I hung up.
I was happy Adrien was coming over, I didn't want to admit it but I was beginning to like Adrien and I hated being away from him. It was strange, I've never been connected to him that way.
A few minutes later I heard a knock at the door, I quickly got up and ran to the door. I flung it open and threw my arms around Adrien, I missed him so much. "Woah" he stumbled back when I jumped on him. "Is everything alright mari? This isn't like you"
"Yeah, I'm fine, just really happy to see you." I hugged him tighter.
Adrien hugged back, "ok? Is there any particular reason?"
"No"
I broke away from him and stared into his eyes "come in!" I grabbed his hand and pulled him inside. "Ok Marinette, what's going on?" He said while looking at me. "Is something wrong?"
"No, why would you say that?" I said confused
"Your all cheery and happy to see me for literally no reason. What's going on?"
"Nothing!" I said
But the truth was, I knew exactly what was happening, why I was acting like this. I had fallen for Adrien, hard, that kiss changed everything, and I knew nothing would ever be the same. But I couldn't tell him I had fallen in love with him, we agreed on friends, even though we were getting married in a year. So all I could do was continue acting like a fool. "Do you wanna watch a movie? Maybe..a Disney movie? Come on!" I grabbed his wrist and began pulling him to the couch to watch a movie but he didn't let me, I turned back in confusion. He pulled his hand back and looked at me, " ok Marinette, somethings clearly wrong and I'm not moving until you tell me what it is." He crossed his arms and stared at me. "What?! Nothings wrong!" I said.
He looked at me with a face that said "we both know that's not true" and waited for me to tell him. In an attempt to save myself from telling the truth I said "Adrien, your going crazy. Nothings wrong with me."
"Don't even try that Marinette, I know somethings wrong. Tell me."
I knew he wasn't going to budge until I told him so I mustered up the courage to make eye contact and said,"ok, your right, there is a problem, I've fallen in love with you Adrien."
Adrien's face totally changed and went from stern to shocked in a second, "w-what?"
"I love you Adrien."
He stared at me unable to speak, and then he walked closer to me, I looked up at him as he came closer to me and felt nervous. "I- Are you sure Marinette?"
He said while standing over me.
I was a little intimated by him, I felt my face heat up and turn red. I rethought my feelings before answering until I said "yes? Well I think so...what about you?"
He stared at me"I- I don't know..."
I pulled him to the couch and we sat down "it's ok if you don't."
"No I do! It's just confusing, one part of my brain loves you but the other part likes you as a friend."
"That's exactly how I feel!" I said
It was true, I knew that some part of me loved him but I also felt like some part of me still thought of him as a friend.
"Really?" He looked at me
"Yep"
He smiled and grabbed my hand, he looked at the ring and took it off. "I'm going to do this properly." He got up and turned around so I couldn't see what he was doing."
"What are you doing?"
"You'll see"
He turned back around and looked at me, he had a white rose in his hand, he held it out to me and I took it. As I  looked at it, I saw a tiny diamond ring shimmering on top.
He looked at me "will you marry me?"
I smiled "yes" and he put the ring on my finger.