3. Feelings

Marinette's POV

That hit me like a bus. I dropped my fork and froze in place. Lots of things were going through my head, marrying my best friend when we weren't even dating? I didn't want that. I liked Adrien, but not like that, he was like a brother to me. "What?" I said not wanting to believe what I had just heard.
"Isn't it great honey! Your going to be the perfect couple!" My mom said so happily.
I looked at Adrien and nudged him, he came out of his fazed state and said "No! We're adults! You can't force us to marry." He almost yelled it. His dad looked at him " we've already arranged it and there's no backing out. You have to."
"No! I'll find a way if it's the last thing I do, I'm not getting married to her!"
I was kind of hurt, but I didn't want to marry him either so I just brushed it off. Then I noticed a change in his dad, in all our parents. They seemed...off, instead of being friendly they turned cold and mean. They all looked at me and Adrien, I had to admit I was scared. "You will get married, it's all arranged." Adriens dad said in the coldest voice I've ever heard. There was no kindness or sincerity in his voice, just pure mean. I was terrified, Adriens dad was scary and I'd never, in my whole life seen him act like this. I heard Adrien gulp which told me he felt the same way, then he slumped back in his chair. Just then all of our parents turned kind and nice again, it was weird. "The wedding will be next year. This is your engagement ring" Adriens mom said while handing Adrien a pretty diamond ring. I noticed Adrien look at it kind of sad and then he turned to me and with the most heartbreaking voice and said "may I?"
I nodded and held out my hand, he put the ring on my finger. He was so sad, I could tell, even though I didn't like him, I still cared about him, and seeing him sad always made me sad. I hated this, every part of it. Adrien being sad, the marriage, our parents, everything about it. Adrien pushed his plate away, " may I be excused?"
"Me as well" I didn't feel comfortable and I wanted to get out.
My mom nodded and Adrien stood up, he grabbed my hand hand pulled me out of the chair. "Come on" he said sadly.
He led me upstairs to his room and locked the door, he let go of my hand and I watched him as sadness quickly turned into anger. "How could they?! Making us marry! They know we're best friends! How could they?!" He paced around the room ranting. I didn't know what to do, I was never good at comforting people. "Adrien?"
He ignored me and continued ranting
"Adrien" I said a little bit louder. He still ignored me.
"Adrien!" I said finally yelling making him stop everything he was doing.
He turned to me "what?"
I saw the heartbreak in his eyes and walked to him. He stared at me. I raised myself in the air making me stand on my tippy toes, and hugged him.

Adrien's POV

I felt her arms wrap around my neck and hug me tightly. I hugged her back and started to feel my emotions slipping from my grasp. All of my built up anger, sadness, confusion, and frustration came spilling out. I started bawling,"If only they knew how hard it was! I've done everything they'd ever asked and this is how they repay me?! I'm so sick of it Marinette! All these surprises, I don't want to marry you! Your my best friend! How could they control me like this?! How could they control you like this?!" I went on ranting and sobbing while she hugged me tight. I'd never ever in my life, cried infront of Marinette like that, but I really needed to, I needed to let it all out and I knew Marinette wouldn't judge me. I was so mad at my family for this, but I was also mad at myself, for letting them take control of me, I loved my parents but I had so many questions.
I sobbed on Marinettes shoulder for a good 2 minutes letting everything out, and when I was finished, Marinette pulled out of the hug. She stared into my eyes and I stared into hers, "Better?" She said in a sweet voice as she wiped my tears with her thumb. I slowly nodded, "everything will be alright, I'll always be there  for you Adrien." She hugged me again.
I hugged back and it was at that moment, that I knew she truly cared for me and would always be there for me. I was so lucky to have her.

Tom's POV(Marinette's dad)

As soon as I saw Adrien take Marinette's hand and go upstairs, I felt bad. I'd never seen Adrien so emotionless, I questioned if this was the right thing And after dinner when I walked past Adriens room and heard him sobbing, I knew this wasn't right. After all, they were adults, but the wedding was already planned
and everything, what could I do? Gabriel was very stern and stubborn so I knew he wouldn't listen. I finally gave up, I secretly wished them luck and left the house with my wife.

Marinette's POV

I felt bad for Adrien, yes I was doing this too, but Adrien really took it hard. I knew he didn't want to be with his parents at the moment, I didn't want to be with mine either but I didn't live with them. Adrien was sitting on his bed with his hands covering his face, I couldn't tell if he was crying or thinking. "Hey Adrien?"
He looked up at me"yes?"
"Tell me the truth, do you want to be with your parents?"
I could tell he was a little taken aback by that. I looked at him"be honest"
He sighed and his voice became a little weak "no"
"Come on" I grabbed his hand and pulled him up.
I led him out of his room and walked down the stairs, I could tell he was uncomfortable. We walked to my car not saying a word to his parents and got in, He got in too.
"What are you doing?" He asked as the car rumbled and started up.
I started driving "you can stay at my place with me, I won't leave you with your parents."
I saw him smile and relax in his seat in the corner of my eye and I could tell he was thankful.
"Thank you Marinette"
When we got to my house we walked through the doors and I put my bag on the couch. "Make yourself at home" I said while walking to my room.
" Im going to go get in some pjs"
"Ok"
I went in my room and came out with flowy booty shorts and a big hoodie on. Adrien was sitting on the couch with his shirt off watching some show. "Are you hungry?" I said
I didn't get to eat much of my food.
"Kinda, do you wanna order some food?"
"Sure"
I grabbed my phone and placed an order. I went and sat by him, I looked at him "are you ok?" I said
I knew it was a stupid question but I still asked it. He was kind of dazed for a moment until he looked at me "yea, I'm just....shocked, I mean, marrying you? No offense!"
I smiled " non taken, I get it, I'm shocked too"
"I have a question."
"Ok"
"How the heck are we supposed to act like a couple?! We literally hit eachother for fun." He laughed " we're like the most unromantic people in the world."
I laughed, it was true, we were so playful with eachother and always played tricks and stuff like best friends do. "I don't know"
A couple moments later we heard the doorbell ring. "It's probably the food." I stood up and instantly got pulled back down on the couch.
" oh no you don't" Adrien stood up
"Ill get it."
I wanted to argue with him but I knew there was no point. Adrien was always protective of me, he must've thought something would happen to me. I heard the door shut and I turned around, I saw Adrien standing there with a box of pizza in his hand. "Are we aloud to eat on the couch or do you want me to put this on the table?"
I typically didn't like eating on my couch but I was ok with it tonight "we can eat on the couch"
He walked to the couch and sat down, then he put the pizza box on the coffee table and opened the box. We both took a slice and started eating. As we ate we make jokes and laughed with eachother. It felt good to just sit and have fun with eachother.
After we were done eating we laid down on the couch and watched Tv, I fell asleep quickly.

Adrien's POV

Her head fell on my chest and I looked down, I realized she was asleep. I looked at her and smiled admiring her beauty. Marinette was a pretty girl, that's one of the reasons I was so protective of her, I knew how a guys brain worked. I stared into her beautiful blue eyes, my heart melted as my mind drifted off. A few seconds later I snapped back and got mad at myself for thinking of her as more then a friend. I grabbed a blanket and put it over her, and a few minutes later, I fell asleep too.