6. Panic

(There is a tiny bit of kissing in this btw nothing bad though)
——————————————————————
Adrien's POV

She leaned in and kissed me. I was not expecting that, but somehow, I found myself kissing her back. I didn't want to admit it but I liked it, I didn't know how, but I did and what was supposed to be just a small kiss, turned into a make out session.

2 minutes later we broke apart, we were both stunned at what had just happened. Marinette sat back down in her seat "Im. So. So. Sorry Adrien" She said
I was honestly still shocked about what we did but I said "For what?"
Her eyes widened as she looked at me in shock. "We were gonna have to kiss sooner or later." I said taking my wallet out of my pocket. "You win" I pulled a 50 dollar bill out of my wallet and gave it to her.
She put it in her pocket and said "how the heck are you so calm?!"
I shrugged, " I don't really know."

Marinette's POV

I couldn't believe it, we really just made out, and he's calm like nothing had happened! What on earth was going on?! I couldn't comprehend it, it was so confusing, on one hand I liked it and wanted to do it again, and on the other I hated myself for it and wanted to run away. And Adrien was just sitting there like nothing had happened! I started panicking. Instead of my breath being normal and steady, it became loud and fast, my mind flooded with thoughts and I became frantic. I spewed out random words that didn't make sense, and took gasps of air between breaths. I put my hands on my head and continued to freak out. "I- we kissed and um- I don't know what to think- a-and I'm confused! W-why don't I regret it? Ughh!!!" I panicked as I said it, I didn't even mean to speak, my words just somehow fell out of my mouth. Adrien reached over the table and put his hands on my shoulders. "Marinette, it's fine! Don't panic"
Adrien said in a worried voice.
Then the curtain opened, it was the waiter,"Are you 2 ready to ord-" she stopped and looked at me. "Is everything alright ma'am? Do you need some water?"
My mind was so scattered at that point that I couldn't think properly, I couldn't function right to answer her so I just said"need to escape! I- we- me- I need to- get out- out of my mind- oh my gosh I'm going crazy!"
The waiter looked at Adrien and said "what happened?!"
"She's just having a panic attack it's fine." He said but he was clearly worried. "This," the waiter looked at everything happening" is not fine."
"Please leave, let me deal with this." Adrien said while standing up and sitting directly beside me.
"Fine, I'll be back." Then the waiter left.
Adrien closed the curtains so I didn't get embarrassed and looked at me. "Marinette you need to calm down."
He looked into my eyes. "Calm down"
His words did calm me, but I was still frantic. The only thing that changed is that I could actually get a sentence out. "I can't! I need to get out! Out! Please get me out of here!"
Adrien nodded and took off his jacket that went with his tux. He laid it over my shoulders "let's go."
We stood up and walked out of the booth, I was still frantic and Adrien could tell. He put an arm around me holding me close to him, and I pulled the jacket over my head.
We walked out to my car and got in, Adrien got in beside me, we were both in the back seat and he turned to me. "Marinette, it was just a kiss, nothing to panic over."
"But-but- it is! I liked it! And I'm not supposed to like you! I just did that to win, I didn't think it would lead to what it did!!"
"Marinette its fine -wait..did you just say you liked me?"
"What?- no! I- UGHHH"
"Nevermind! It's fine, we're just friends!!" Adrien yelled.
Just then, I hit my breaking point, "I'm done. I am done."
I climbed into the drivers seat and started the car. "What do you mean your done?"
"I mean I'm done." I started driving and ended up at the Agreste mansion. "Get out"
"But-"
"Adrien, get out of the car, thank you for the dinner. "
"You can't just leave me-"
"I can, and I will, get out of my car Adrien."
Adrien got out and walked up the steps to his fathers mansion. I knew it was wrong and I felt bad, but I needed to calm myself down and Adrien asking me questions didn't help with that. I watched him and as soon as he entered the mansion, I turned on some music and sped off.