9. Paparazzi

Adrien's POV

I was getting worried, Marinette said she was going to call me when she was on her way to our picnic and it had been 20 minutes. I decided to call her again, she didn't answer. This was not normal, Marinette always answered her phone. Maybe I should go get her? Stop by her house and see what she was doing? No, I was just worrying, She's probably just running late.
30 minutes had passed and she still hadn't called, I was really worried at this point. She was always late but never this late, especially to one of our picnics. I stood up and started walking to the parking lot where my car was, then I saw a huge crowd. As I got closer to the parking lot, I wondered what was happening. I looked a little closer but I couldn't see, Then I heard something drop, a squeal followed it. What could possibly be happening over there? I had to check it out, I walked to the crowd and stood on my tippy toes to see what was happening, and standing there I saw a very unhappy Marinette. She was covering her ears while trying to get out of the sea of people that was surrounding her taking pictures and holding out magazines for her to sign. "This has been really nice but I really need to go!" she kept saying while trying to get past the people.
I knew something was wrong, and this made me angry, these people had no since in personal space. I shoved past the crowd yelling "Out of the way people!!"
I made my way to Marinette who was so happy to see me, As soon as she saw me she ran to me and said "please get me out of here"
"I will"
I looked around and saw people closing in on us, "shows over people! Please go!!" I yelled.
They didn't listen, and instead it got even worse, people were now asking really personal questions.
"Are you pregnant yet?" Someone asked Marinette.
I got mad, people were ruthless.
"OK EVERYONE PLEASE LEAVE"
I yelled even louder making some people leave. Then I saw a hand grab Marinette's arm, Marinette yanked back her hand and went behind me. "Their going wild!" She said while hiding behind me.
I knew I had to do something before this got out of hand, I turned around to face Marinette and picked her up. I threw her over my shoulder and squeezed through an opening in the crowd. Marinette screamed and grabbed the back of my shirt. I ran to my car with her over my shoulder and right before I got in, I set Marinette down. She got in the car and sat beside me. "That was crazy!"
"How did it get so bad? I've never seen so many people out of control!"
"I was just walking and then some people came up and asked for a photo, I said yes and I'm guessing they posted it on social media because the next thing I knew, I was surrounded by people."
"Yea, let's settle on no more photos"
"Yea"
"Why didn't you answer your phone? I would've been there sooner."
"They broke it!"
"Oh, it's ok I can buy you a new one."
"Nope, it's fine, I'll buy my own phone."
"Please let me buy it for you?"
"I'll think about it." She crossed her arms.
Marinette hated when I bought stuff for her, she appreciated it , but she always felt bad that I spent money on her. That was a problem between us because I loved buying things for her. She sat and looked at the back of the seat infront of her for a little while then she turned to me, "what about the picnic?!"
"It's ok, we'll just go to lunch instead."
I didn't want to go back out there and face the paparazzi again.
"But we can't just leave that food out there"
"It's ok, I'm sure someone will get it, we aren't going back out there."
"Ok.."
I climbed up to the drivers seat and started the car. "Where do you wanna eat?"
"I don't care"
"Does Tasties sound good to you?"
"Yea, thats fine." 
I started driving.

Once we got there, we both got out of the car. I thought the paparazzi wouldn't find us but boy was I wrong. As we were walking to the doors a crowd of people surrounded us. They were taking pictures and asking for autographs and everything. "Umm excuse me" Marinette said politely while trying to get out of the crowd.
I was annoyed, yes we were famous and put ourselves out to people, but I did want some time away from paparazzi. I mean, I just wanted to go have lunch with my fiancé. "I'm sorry but we have to go." I said ignoring the camera's in my face.
"When's the wedding?!"
"Can I come?!"
They all asked while putting microphones under our mouths. I pushed one of the microphones away and said "please, let us go, we have to be somewhere."
They didn't listen. Instead it made it worse, they were now chanting, "kiss kiss kiss kiss!"
I looked at Marinette and saw that her face was red, this made me chuckle. Then out of no where Marinette yelled, " could you just leave us alone!! I'm tired of everyone invading our privacy! Please leave before Im forced to call the police!"
Yep, she snapped, I'd never seen her yell at other people other then myself but she was mad. Everyone went silent and stared at Marrinette wide eyed. Then I felt something cold hit the back of my head, I got dizzy and felt myself falling. I blacked out.

————————————————————————
Im so sorry it's been so long since I've written. I've been super busy. But I promise I'll make it up to you guys! Another chapter should be out within an hour and I'll be writing very frequent from now on! So sorry for the wait!
-The Author