6. Shopping

Marinette and Adrien got used to liking each other since then and it was now 1 month before the wedding. Adrien had gotten his suit last week and today Marinette was going to get her dress.

Marinette's POV

I was so excited, I loved, and I mean LOVED, dresses, Especially fancy ones. And today I was going to find a wedding dress. Adrien was going out with the boys for something so this was the perfect time, I didn't know how I was going to hide it, but I would figure that out later.
I got in my car and drove to my favorite dress store, Danic's Dresses, I got my prom dress there. I pulled in the drive way and got out of the car, I ran inside and started looking around. There was so many nice dresses that I loved, but I kept looking. I didn't want to pick the first one I saw, I looked for a while until I saw the perfect one. It was white with flowers on the top going down the waist.

 It was white with flowers on the top going down the waist

It was pretty plain, but I loved it. I knew I had to try it on, I carefully took it off the hook and made my way to the dressing room. Once I got there I changed and looked in the mirror, It was perfect. Just right for my body and everything, I knew I had to have it. I looked at the price tag and I instantly frowned, "900 dollars?!" I yelled out loud from my room.
I couldn't afford that! I only had 600 dollars to spend, but I loved the dress so much. I couldn't put it back, I looked at the dress, I couldn't let it go."you know what? I'll buy it" I said to myself.
A wedding was a one in a life time thing and this dress was perfect. Besides, it was only 300
dollars over my budget.
I changed back into my normal clothes and walked out of the changing room with the dress draped over my arm. I walked to the cash register and put the dress on the table, "hello may I buy this?" I asked
The lady looked at the dress and then looked back up at me "Yes of course, and may I ask, Who are you? You look familiar."
I was used to people recognizing me, First I was getting married to Adrien, and second I owned my own popular fashion company.
"I'm Marinette"
"Hmmm... still not getting it..."
She looked at me trying to figure out who I was, I sighed wanting to just buy my dress and leave, "Marinette dupain chang soon to be Marinette Agreste."
"Ohhhh!!" She said
"Oh I'm a big fan! Can I get a picture?"
I would normally say yes, but this time I just wasn't in the mood, so to be polite I said " sorry but I'm kind of in a hurry, but I'll definitely be back so we can take a picture then." I smiled to be friendly.
"Oh ok!" the lady said before scanning my dress and giving it to me.
I was about to say thank you when I heard a bell ring, I turned around and saw Adrien. What was he doing there?!
I tossed my dress to the lady and quickly said "please hide this for me!"
I was okay if Adrien saw me, but not the dress, that was supposed to be a surprise. I walked to Adrien and said "what the heck are you doing here?!"
"Looking for you!"
"What why?"
He looked away and started to bite his nail, he did this when he was thinking. "There is a reason, right?" I said staring at him.
"Well....No, there isn't,I just saw your car and decided that I wanted to see you."
"I thought you were out with the boys"
"I was, but Nino got sick."
"Oh, well how bout you go before people start asking for autographs."
"But I don't wanna leave you"
He whined as he wrapped his arms around my waist, he did this a lot. I found it funny that he was so attached to me, but sometimes it got annoying. "Your gonna cause a scene!" I said
"Fine, I'll go." He said
Then he kissed me, to be honest, I was kind of annoyed with him. I knew it was going to cause a scene, and I didn't want to deal with paparazzi at the moment. But I wasn't actually mad at Adrien. I was just mad we were going to attract everyone and most likely make it on the news again.
I pulled away, and was blinded by cameras flashing. "Now look what you've done!" I said to him quietly.
"Sorry, I couldn't help it!"
I rolled my eyes "I'll see you at the picnic tomorrow, bye," I kissed his cheek.
He smiled, "bye" he shoved past the crowd, and walked out.
I was now getting battered by paparazzi and wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. I walked to the cash register while shielding my face from the cameras. I put the money on the table and held out my hand for the dress, the lady put it in my hand and I left as fast as possible.