The Afterlife

Sorry Moth Boy, but we're gonna pretend you don't exist for this oneshot. Now enjoy some angst.

Q: What if Vampire Scott was Scott of Rivendell... back from the dead?

A cold stone crypt, the walls coated in ice. Alcoves lined the sides, filled with treasure and possessions. Snow lined the floor, despite it being a cave.

In the center, a dark oak coffin.

Some said that the body inside was the king of Rivendell. The Champion of Aeor. The brother of Xornoth.

Jimmy knew these rumors to be true. He had died for a noble cause, to defeat the demon. He had found the body himself.

But it had been hundreds of years since his sacrifice. Most of the Emperors were dead, their legacies long forgotten. Jimmy and Lizzie, as sea god and goddess, were two of the few who remained.

Joel had burned in the Nether, and his body had gone up as bright as his passion for his kingdom.

Xornoth's corruption had gotten the better of Shelby, and she went as dark as the shadows she hid in.

Sausage had gone insane at Xornoth's return, but he fought it. He won against the corruption, only to die from his mental and emotional wounds days later.

Gem and FWhip had run to the Sky Kingdom after the Grimlands was destroyed and died peacefully of old age about a hundred and fifty years ago.

Pix had gone missing into the desert and had never been seen again.

Joey had been betrayed by the demon he so adored, corrupted and then stabbed in the back by the person he trusted most.

Pearl had burned with her land during the aftermath of the explosion that Jimmy had caused.

Katherine was one of the few who remained, spreading her floral magic to make the world a better place. Jimmy was thankful for the fairy and her immortality, otherwise he might have been alone.

Lizzie refused to accept her past, no matter how much Jimmy told her, showed her the letters, did everything he could. She didn't know how she was still alive after all these years. But Joel was dead, so Jimmy hadn't seen her in two centuries because she had been sulking.

The crypt nor its inhabitant were ever forgotten by Jimmy, even after the elves chose a new king, even after the last of the eternal winter thawed and springtime sprouted, bringing the flowers that held so many memories for Jimmy.

Jimmy knew what it was like to be dead and watch the other one be anguished at his demise. He thought it would be the worst thing he ever experienced. But he had no idea what it was like to be the one mourning, at least not until two hundred years ago, when word had reached him that the king of Rivendell was dead.

He avoided Rivendell, scared of the memories it would bring flooding back. But he couldn't leave the world, couldn't go back to Last Life or X Life or Evo. Those worlds were gone, their inhabitants long gone.

Because he avoided the elven capital, he didn't realize when the coffin, cold and silent for hundreds of years, slid open under the pressure of pale fingers. And then eyes opened, as red as blood, or as the poppies of the flower forest.

The glint inside was enough to make the strongest elven warrior flee.

Hunger.

Hunger... for blood.

------

"WHAT IS THIS?" Jimmy screamed at the top of his lungs, though he knew nobody would hear him.

He was falling. Or at least, it felt like it. All Jimmy could see was black void.