After Last Life

TWO ONESHOTS IN ONE DAY?! I know. I'm bored, okay?

Q: What if the Last Lifers never came back?

Battle royale?

Scott typed it into chat.

There were only four people remaining in the chaos that was Last Life, since they had killed Grian and Joel.

Scott couldn't shake the guilt from everyone's deaths, especially Lizzie, Jimmy, and Joel. But they would respawn back in Empires. That was how Third Life had worked, anyway.

He felt cold breezes swirling around him and shivered despite the warm, sunny day. Ghosts.

I know you're there.

The ghosts did not reply, which made sense. The only time a ghost had communicated with the living was when Grian and Joel used some sort of piston ritual to summon Bdubs.

And then all of the others ambushed and killed them.

So they were back to the present.

The last four players.

Sure, Ren communicated in answer to his question.

Why not? Martyn said.

Four corners of the map, a ghost commanded. Only one can remain.

Scott didn't have time to be surprised about the ghosts speaking.

Only one.

This time, Scott was determined to win.

The others were already claiming sides. Scott took the north and headed there.

He checked his inventory and sorted it out, putting the things he needed quickly like food, splash potions, golden apples, and of course sword and axe in his hotbar. He put his shield in his offhand just in case.

3…

2…

1…

GO!

Scott ran into the mountains.

He met Ren and Pearl first, in the oak forest near Spawn. He dumped a bucket of lava on them both. Ren got away. Pearl wasn't so lucky.

Sorry, former ally.

An arrow hit Scott from the top of the hill, where he remembered that Scar and Bigb had been killed by Ren, Cleo, and himself in Operation Bubblevate. Later, that hill had been the site of the trap that started the battle between Grian and Joel and everyone else who was still alive.

That's like, Murder Hill or something, Scott thought to himself.

Scott pulled the arrow out and found Martyn there, shooting his bow. Ren ran up the hill behind him with an axe.

Scott dove out of the way to avoid being sandwiched between the two men.

He thought they were going to gang up on him, which would have been very unfair. But they didn’t. Martyn ran into the forest, and Ren fell back.

Scott followed Martyn because he was more annoying. Anyone who said “AHA” nonstop just deserved to die.

JOKE JOKE JOKE PLS DONT KILL ME CRAZY PEOPLE FROM CAMP HERMIT-BLOOD

Martyn was out of sight, but Scott could still hear his loud footsteps as he crashed through the forest.

He suddenly heard Martyn cry out, “No! I’ve fallen down a hole!”