Fate is Cruel

So this is pretty much a written version of that last part of the final episode of Third Life.

It's probably more dramatic than it needs to be, and I'll have you know that I almost cried writing this. This is just my interpretation of what happened after Scar betrayed Grian.

TW: blood, death, uncontrollable crying, suicide

Grian woke up in his bed. He had no weapons. No armor.

For a minute, he almost forgot what had happened.

Then he remembered.

Grian jumped out of bed and rummaged through the chest at its side. He looked at his reflection in a shiny diamond chestplate and saw a glint of scarlet that wasn't his tattered sweater.

He felt weird. And it wasn't just the red name.

Was this how it felt to be betrayed?

Impulse had been surprised and hurt. Grian was just angry.

Scar, who he had kept alive all this time, who he had stuck with even though they both knew he didn't have to, had betrayed him without a second thought. Months of friendship had been thrown out the window because of a stupid no kill pass.

Grian didn't waste any time feeling sorry for himself. He put on armor, grabbed a sword, sheild, and some food, and headed out, just as he had when he had turned yellow.

But it was different this time. Scar had said being red made him feel more murderous. Grian definitely felt more murderous now.

His goal last time had been to get back to Scar.

Now, it was the same, but with different intentions.

This time, Grian's quest was vengeance.

------

The voices up ahead told Grian that Scar and Bdubs were there. It wasn't like there was anyone else it could be. They were the last Third Lifers alive.

He circled around to attack from behind, but then paused to listen to their conversation.

They were headed for the desert, for Grian's secret bunker.

They're after me.

The thought didn't really scare Grian. It may have been two to one in their favor, but Grian didn't care. If he was going to go out, he would go out avenging himself.

He saw them on a ridge above a small pond, heading down the hill toward the desert.

Oh, well. I guess now's as good a time as any.

Grian crashed through the bushes and attacked Scar. "BETRAYER! BETRAYERS, THE BOTH OF YOU!"

Scar made his trademark "Oh-oh-oh!" sound as he fell off the ridge in a panic. He landed in the pond below.

Bdubs, meanwhile, screamed like a little girl and ran down the hill with Grian in hot pursuit.

"I KEPT YOU ALIVE THIS WHOLE TIME!" Grian yelled at Scar.

Bdubs jumped into the pond. Grian followed. The water slowed all three of them down, but it didn't stop them.

Grian raised his sword to attack Bdubs, who was closest, only to find that he wasn't there.

Scar sheathed his blood-soaked sword.

"...Scar?" Grian asked, confused.

Had... had Scar killed Bdubs?

"You're right," Scar said. "You kept me alive all this time, and I stabbed you in the back. For that-"

"What?" Grian said.