Sun and Moon

He was the Sun.

She was the Moon.

For centuries, the two siblings circled the earth, leading the Lion of the Sun and the Wolf of the Moon behind them. They rarely saw each other.

By night, he travelled. By day, she explored.

He found a new land. He found friendship when he could not find it before. He began to rebuild the part of him he had lost when he and his sister parted.

He succeeded, but he came to a point when he was no longer able to visit his new friends at night. And so he gave up the Sun. He left the it to circle the world alone, because he could no longer harness it.

When she found him, she did not believe it at first. She did not believe that her brother had given up the majority of his power in exchange for a mortal life.

However, she was intrigued. She left the Moon and joined him.

The Lion of the Sun was a solitary creature. It was content circling the world alone.

The Wolf of the Moon, however, was not. It followed its caretaker.

In its loyalty to her, it doomed the world the siblings had built their lives in.

"Moon big," their friends said, but they knew the truth. It came for her. It came because it didn't know how to live without her.

The Wolf of the Moon's power was too much.

Together, the siblings escaped the remnants of their world.

In her shame, she lost control of her power. At a certain time of night, she forgot herself and rejoined the Wolf of the Moon and its pack.

They still have their friends. They still have each other. But they are a fraction of their power now.

They regret none of it.

~~~

1. Apparently this is called Skyblings?
2. Grian = sun, Pearl = moon
3. Grian actually walked his magic sun cat to avoid going to Jimmy's stream
4. Moon Big = Wolf of the Moon lonely
5. 5AM Pearl = Pearl rejoining Wolf of the Moon
6. Wolf of the Moon = Tilly

I am very proud of the amount of Easter eggs I packed into this oneshot

-Indigo