A Private Matter

Empires x Owl House let's go
JJ I'm publishing this for you hope it's not horribly disappointing

~~~

"Hi!" Shelby exclaimed, throwing open the door. "How are you?"

"I am just wonderful!" Sausage beamed, letting himself in. "I was just wondering if your reading about potions to help me is going okay?"

"It's… a work in progress," Shelby admitted. "Like I've said, I've never really seen anything like what's going on with you. But I do have something that might work. Here." She gave him a bottle with glowing purple liquid inside.

Sausage eyed it with new hope. Maybe this would cure his visions. Bubbles had promised that it would get worse before it got better, but Sausage was pretty sure he would skip the worst if it. He drank it without hesitation.

Nothing seemed to happen.

"Did it work?" Shelby asked eagerly.

Sausage shrugged. "No way to tell just yet."

"It's just…" the witch said. "I never really learned about this kind of thing. I was taking the Potions track at my school, before I was expelled, but I didn't learn a TON before then."

"I heard you were getting letters from that place! If you ever need any help, just give me a call," Sausage encouraged. "You can take me right to that magic school and I will smack the boss guy right in the face, you got it?"

Shelby cracked a smile. "Nobody here is going to be seeing that magic school for a long time."

"I don't care! I wanna smack any person who decides to expel my friend because THIS witch is the best witch I know!"

"I'm the only witch you know," Shelby muttered, then stood up. "I'll keep working on that potion for you, Sausage."

"Okay, bye!" Sausage said. "Bubbles needs me! And Eddie said he was making a new weapon for me! I love new weapons!"

Shelby waved as Sausage left. He lit his last rocket and got ready to launch himself into the air. It didn't work very well.

"Dang it!" he said to himself. Shelby had gone back inside. She was probably working on something, and Sausage had asked for enough from her already. He'd be fine just going into the Evermoor, right? Whatever ghosts and spirits and weird fog was there couldn't hurt him!

Sausage yanked his boot out of the mud with a loud squelch and started into the swamp.

It was absolutely terrifying. He took his axe out, ready to murder if necessary. Shapes moved in the fog, disappearing back into the shadows when Sausage approached. It wasn't hard to believe that people went insane here.

Traitor, a whispery voice said.

Sausage whirled around. "Who's there?" he demanded, but the voice didn't seem to be talking to him.

Coward.

Runaway.

"H-hello?" Sausage called.

Left us.

Betrayed us.

We are alone.

The Day of Unity has passed... and she was not there.

Sausage tried to ignore the voices. He knew bad things would happen if he listened.

A new voice spoke. Detention! Again. You're almost as bad as Edaline was!

What the heck? Who was Edaline?

Sausage couldn't see three blocks in front of him. He tripped over a root and landed in the mud. He picked himself up, terrified of what might be following him, that could see him but he could not see in return. There were growls and groans the sources of which were just outside of his range of vision.

Said vision started to fade.

No! He thought. I can't have one right now! Not again! Not-

The memory wasn't his own, as with most of the visions he had. Except it looked different. Things were a lot rounder. A lot less bulky.

This was no Minecraft world.

It seemed to be a school. Lockers lined the walls. Children and teenagers wandered the halls, coming in and out of doors along the sides. But the normalities stopped there. Paper airplanes and other, stranger things flew through the air, glowing with magic. Some students carried staffs topped with wooden carvings of animals, or books, or crystal balls, or cauldrons full of steaming liquid. The lockers all had teeth, and the students opened them by feeding them pieces of candy. Or at least, Sausage hoped it was candy.

Sausage looked down at himself. This couldn't be a past life, like the world with the heaven-like atmosphere or the battle-torn kingdom. This was something different.

Could it have been the potion?

Had it made him see Shelby's past instead of his own?

A bell screamed - not rang. Screamed, and the remaining students rushed to enter the classrooms. Nobody seemed to notice Sausage, so he followed a couple of the students with cauldrons into a room. With a jolt, he realized one of them was a much younger version of Shelby. He felt like he was intruding on something he wasn't supposed to see. He felt like this was a private matter.

And then, as if a rope was tied to his waist, he was yanked out of the vision and back to Empires.

The fog had cleared a little bit. The voices had stopped. Sausage wondered how much of it was real and how much was his own mind playing tricks on him.

He was on the ground. After pulling himself out of the mud once again, he continued through the forest, not sure what he had just seen, but terrified that these visions were not yet over… as Bubbles had said, they had only just begun.